+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Giants Focused On Making Running Game A Strength Again

http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/03/...trength-again/

For the New York Giants, their offseason priorities remain in the trenches and getting them improved and somewhat revamped. On the offensive side of the ball, it begins obviously with the line. Keeping the offensive captain not only upright, but giving Eli Manning valuable time in the pocket will benefit the rest of the skill players. What should follow is the running game and being able to depend, once again, on that aspect to gain back time of possession to the blue side. They ranked 25th in the league (with a tad over 29 minutes). Needless to say, this hopeful increase in TOP would also help the defensive side of the ball.

Head coach Tom Coughlin briefly lamented over the loss of big-hearted running back Ahmad Bradshaw, but keeps his focus on the tasks at hand.

"We have things that obviously have to be accomplished moving forward with players and we have to have the resources to be able to do that," Coughlin said.

Coughlin affirmed that this summer’s training camp will be an open competition at the tailback position amongst David Wilson, Andre Brown and Da'Rel Scott for the supposed starting position. Don’t read into that too much nor get nervous about lack of experience carrying the load. There were years that folks questioned the ability of backs to step up.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Are they focused on making the Defense good again because thats worse then the running game

I'm fine with helping the interior of the oline and finding another RB to join the cast, as long as they add a couple defenders in the first 3-4 rds... Maybe there best bet is to grab 2 impact defenders in RD1 and 2, and then 3-5, build up the interior of the oline and find another back to compete with scott and brown.. I'm ok with that.. But we need to upgrade the defense, bigtime!

Another very weak article from Giants 101. The title speaks of making the running game a strength again then talks about keeping "Eli upright." They don't deal at all with our OL, not even a mention of its central role in making the running game work. Not a single mention that we are likely to have the same cast of characters along the OL next season who didn't get it done last year. Who are these people writing this stuff at Giants101? Do they have any sports or journalisim credentials?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Does this mean we get a line of sorts that will actually protect Eli, as opposed to that offensive excuse of a line that we have now? We need a C, RT, a RG to develop since Snee doesn't have that many years left, and if Boothe doesn't come back, a LG. Only now that we have beatty is there even one position that is not a question mark...

Screw all these calls for defense (other than D-line at least), we need to win the war in the trenches or this team will be too easily punched in the mouth, at which point schemes mean nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Do they have any sports or journalisim credentials?
    Nope.

I'll believe it when I see it. Outside of Snee we haven't had a mauler on the O-line in the TC era.

Banned
    what i dont get is where it says OPEN COMPETITON on rbs...really? why david wilson is our starter he was a number 1 pick that showed alot given his chances last year..he is our starter not scott, not brown.

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
    what i dont get is where it says OPEN COMPETITON on rbs...really? why david wilson is our starter he was a number 1 pick that showed alot given his chances last year..he is our starter not scott, not brown.
    I think Brown splits carries with Wilson. He's the power back in a 2 back system. Wilson is the blazer.

Banned
    i dont want him spliting carries brown should be used on short downs long passing situations to block and goaline...thats it..wilson is just way to explosive to split with anybody we have