+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Focused On Making Running Game A Strength Again

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
    i dont want him spliting carries brown should be used on short downs long passing situations to block and goaline...thats it..wilson is just way to explosive to split with anybody we have

I definitely want them splitting carries. Wilson is a bit small for a full time load for a full season. Brown is going to be hard to keep off the field with his production if he plays like he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
    i dont want him spliting carries brown should be used on short downs long passing situations to block and goaline...thats it..wilson is just way to explosive to split with anybody we have
    Wilson hasn't yet proven he can carry the load in this offense. He may be splitting carries with Brown.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Unhappy

I thought our pass blocking was good enough to win with but the run blocking was bad enough to keep that from happening ..

Banned
    I highly doubt that Wilson will go from getting virtually no touches this past season to getting the vast majority of carries next. I agree with those who are saying the carries will be split.

After how Brown performed last year when healthy, how could you not want him on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    After how Brown performed last year when healthy, how could you not want him on the field?
    Don't be surprised if Brown doesn't start out the season getting more carries than Wilson.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't be surprised if Brown doesn't start out the season getting more carries than Wilson.
    And that would be a foolish thing to do given Wilsons talent. Especially after seeing the success rookie runningbacks have had over the last five years. When a guy can take a simple sprint play for 60yards at any time, you give him every oppurtunity to break that run.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Are they focused on making the Defense good again because thats worse then the running game
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm fine with helping the interior of the oline and finding another RB to join the cast, as long as they add a couple defenders in the first 3-4 rds... Maybe there best bet is to grab 2 impact defenders in RD1 and 2, and then 3-5, build up the interior of the oline and find another back to compete with scott and brown.. I'm ok with that.. But we need to upgrade the defense, bigtime!
    agree with both of you. I do agree that the o-line needs some addressing, but I would be extremely disappointed if the DT and CB positions were not addressed.

Nyc, I still would be ok with Zac Stacy in the 6th or 7th rd to compete for the 3rd or 4th RB position.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Really, what the team needs is for some of it's late round OL prospects to start developing into players. Brewer, Petrus, McCants, Mosely, Cordle, Capers. We need one of these guys to develop into a legit starter, similar to Boothe. It's hard to build a well rounded team relying only on your premium draft picks and free agents, we need more of our later draft picks at the position to start panning out.

I find it amazing how well he develope UDFA's, yet don't seem to have as many late round picks develop the same way.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I dont understand this "mauler" thing. Giants have never used maulers on the OL. Thats not how they run the ball. They are a pull and trap team.

+ Reply to Thread