+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Giants Focused On Making Running Game A Strength Again

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont understand this "mauler" thing. Giants have never used maulers on the OL. Thats not how they run the ball. They are a pull and trap team.
    this is why i would LOVE if the pick was cooper...he is gonna be 1 of the best G's in the league in both run and pass blocking. He is a BEAST pulling and traping...i PRAY he falls to us. Pls let Barkley, Brennon, Geno Smith have pro days that causes a run on QBs, if 2 of those qbs go before pick 15, Cooper might be a possibility. I think Warmack will go around 10ish, if Cooper is available how could JR pass him up? Him and Snee as the G's, Bass as the C, thats a nasty interior line then u got Beatty at LT, ur a RT away from a beast OL...thats why if Cooper is gone, Lane Johnson could very well be there, and hes our RT day 1...then we get a G somewhere, boothe?

OL with Cooper is gonna be a better run blocking OL, an OL with L. Johnson at RT and boothe at G or a FA is gonna be better in pass protection id assume, but either of those scenarios is a-ok with me

possible OL's:

Beatty Boothe Bass Snee Brewer

Beatty Cooper/Warmack Bass Snee Brewer

Beatty Boothe Baas Snee L.Johnson/Fluker (I doubt Fluker tho imo@19, if we trade back maybe)

Beatty Boothe Baas Snee FA

Beatty Fa Baas Snee L. Johnson

Beatty FA Baas Snee FA

*I refuse to pencil in DD in any possible scenario, but it is a possibility with TC. So keep that in mind

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Are they focused on making the Defense good again because thats worse then the running game
    Seriously this team has a number of issues before running back to fix. And I don't like this because Gillbride tends to waste possessions on 1-2 yard gains. We have an elite QB and 2 great receivers yet we're going to hand the ball off like 50 percent of the time?

I'm tired of Killdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    possible OL's:

Beatty Boothe Bass Snee Brewer

Beatty Cooper/Warmack Bass Snee Brewer

Beatty Boothe Baas Snee L.Johnson/Fluker (I doubt Fluker tho imo@19, if we trade back maybe)

Beatty Boothe Baas Snee FA

Beatty Fa Baas Snee L. Johnson

Beatty FA Baas Snee FA

*I refuse to pencil in DD in any possible scenario, but it is a possibility with TC. So keep that in mind
    I wonder if it would actually be better for us to move Lane Johnson to LT and Beatty to RT if we landed him. Beatty was clearly a beast LT for us last year but Lane is such a natural LT and has freakish athleticism to mirror elite edge rushers. I'm also thinking it would help our run game on the right side since Gilbride still loves to run there more often.

Anyway, I'm expecting Beatty Cordle Baas Snee Diehl as much as it pains me to imagine that possibility. They will probably grab a middle round interior OL and focus on defense.

Banned
    We're going to move an established LT for a rookie? Do you not know who Tom Coughlin is?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    We're going to move an established LT for a rookie? Do you not know who Tom Coughlin is?
    Yeah, you're right. I got too excited at possibilities. I do have to remember how Coughlin works lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    4th in the league last season, according to PFF...
    Maybe I can't read. This CBS sports report is as accurate as any other and it has us 14th in the league last year. I didn't find PFF stats, but they can't have different numbers than anyone else. And what we have at this minute to look forward to is not pretty.
    And if you were satisfied with thye blocking last year, you have very low expectations. Some nice runs by AB and Wilson put us at 14th. We were horrible on 3rd and short. If you think we were satisfactory, you're way wrong.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/t...ar?&_1:col_1=5

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think Brown splits carries with Wilson. He's the power back in a 2 back system. Wilson is the blazer.
    I think Scott is even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by The_ One View Post
    I think Scott is even faster.
    Brown is recovering from a broken leg and has to prove he is 100% before he can be counted on for anything, some people never get back to where they were, especially with speed and power...

With Beatty re-signed long-term, guys like Johnson are off the table, even if available at 19. Fluker could be a possible if we could trade lower in the round somehow. Maybe we could trade down to 32 with Baltimore so they could draft Ogletree to replace Lewis, Ogletree with his criminal history and character issues would be a much better fit for Baltimore...

The math behind pick trades:
    #19 pick worth 875, Baltimore 1st (#32)and 2nd (#62, Cleveland vacated due to 2012 supplemental 2nd round draft pick, New Orleans vacated due to bountygate) = 590 + 284 = 874.

So if we could convince Baltimore that they could get a new MLB to replace Lewis (Ogletree or Te'o), we could get away with Fluker at a point where he's not a reach, and an extra 2nd round draft pick on top of that.

+ Reply to Thread