+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Focused On Making Running Game A Strength Again

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Another very weak article from Giants 101. The title speaks of making the running game a strength again then talks about keeping "Eli upright." They don't deal at all with our OL, not even a mention of its central role in making the running game work. Not a single mention that we are likely to have the same cast of characters along the OL next season who didn't get it done last year. Who are these people writing this stuff at Giants101? Do they have any sports or journalisim credentials?
    I was expecting an article solely based on the offensive line, instead I read an article about "open competition" at the running back position.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Not much buzz about Jake Long

If the Giants signed him, I'd be shocked by how much they invested in tackles.
    There is zero chance the Giants would be interested in Jake Long.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    . @ProFootballTalk reports RT Andre Smith wants $9M a year. I hear LT Jake Long made known he wants $11M a year. Interested to see who pays

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    There is zero chance the Giants would be interested in Jake Long.Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet. @ProFootballTalk reports RT Andre Smith wants $9M a year. I hear LT Jake Long made known he wants $11M a year. Interested to see who pays
    Oh trust me, I hope we don't have an average of ~ $20,000,000 per year in our tackles. We have an elite QB, that's overkill.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The best Oline we've had in a long time had Snee, Diehl, O'Hara, Suebert, and MacKenzie
    I would consider Suebert a "mauler". Not because of his size, but because of his demeanor and the fact that he pancaked players on the regular. Defensive ends and second level players wanted nothing to do with Richie pulling of the edge!

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    I would consider Suebert a "mauler". Not because of his size, but because of his demeanor and the fact that he pancaked players on the regular. Defensive ends and second level players wanted nothing to do with Richie pulling of the edge!
    He wasent a mauler. He didnt go straight ahead and push DTs around. That wasent his game. His game was getting in the open field and hitting guys on the move.

Banned
    who cares whos a mauler and who not..point is wilson should start not brown..and i love brown but hes not "the man" nobody here can justify wilson not being able to handle the carries..cause nobody has proof of that yet..put the kid in there for 80 percent carries and lets see what he does

If Wilson has a break out year, then Eli will have his best year Stats-wise also.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    If Wilson has a break out year, then Eli will have his best year Stats-wise also.
    o you better believe it...teams will have to stack the box and be afraid of wilson..i cant wait all theses doubters and bradshaw lovers will be singing wilsons praise after the seasons over.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    There is zero chance the Giants would be interested in Jake Long.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    . @ProFootballTalk reports RT Andre Smith wants $9M a year. I hear LT Jake Long made known he wants $11M a year. Interested to see who pays
    Honestly at this point Long is not even better than Beatty. Too many injuries have slowed him down. We have our LT, let's worry about shoring up the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
    who cares whos a mauler and who not..point is wilson should start not brown..and i love brown but hes not "the man" nobody here can justify wilson not being able to handle the carries..cause nobody has proof of that yet..put the kid in there for 80 percent carries and lets see what he does
    What does "start" mean to you?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread