+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    the only thing i hope doesnt happen is we develop him, he doesnt play much at all until his final year, than out of necessity I guess bc of KG or whatever excuse, he plays, and has a great year...and then we're in a tough contract situation after spending all the time developing him...

I think he can be a real baller. Eli was going on about him singing his praises last offseason. Didnt JJ even start the 1rst preseason game? I remember there was a TD attempt that he was PI'd on that he looked very good beating press coverage then getting on top of the DB and creating the throwing lane, but the refs missed the db grabbing at his arms...after that it seemed he got lost in the mix...

but i believe JJ has the potential to do big things. Hes gonna have to earn it when he gets his shot tho, however it comes...

Looking at this depth chart Jernigan is the 6th option at WR. I would look at ways of getting all the other WRs listed in the game before Jernigan. All of them have showed more than Jernigan. To be fair all of them have been in the NFL longer than Jernigan. They (FO) watched his game film so they had to know that he would be project at WR that could have immediate impact on special teams. This year we decide if he has what it takes to be a member of Eli's round table. He better come with his A game because our WRs slay dragons around here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    With the 19th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the New York Giants select Tavon Austin, WR, WVU.
    Looking at that draft you must think the Giants have an OL that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You have to realize that it's more likely than not that he will play out his rookie contract as they continue to develop him.
    I acknowledge that probability, as I admitted to you in the other thread.

But that likelyhood has more to do with the Giants overall philosophy of keeping high draft picks, than it does their current opinion of a certain player's established ability. That's more a policy decision than it is a talent evaluation. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or like it, though.

As long as there are those here that keep maintaining he should be retained, by leaning primarily on the 2 excuses of "he's only been on the team 2 years, give him more" and "what do you expect from a WR who's only a slot receiver playing behind Cruz?", then I will engage.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    I acknowledge that probability, as I admitted to you in the other thread.

But that likelyhood has more to do with the Giants overall philosophy of keeping high draft picks, than it does their current opinion of a certain player's established ability. That's more a policy decision than it is a talent evaluation. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or like it, though.

As long as there are those here that keep maintaining he should be retained, by leaning primarily on the 2 excuses of "he's only been on the team 2 years, give him more" and "what do you expect from a WR who's only a slot receiver playing behind Cruz?", then I will engage.
    Engage away, that's why we're here. Whether by philosophy or talent, the Giants will do what they think is best for the long term.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Engage away, that's why we're here. Whether by philosophy or talent, the Giants will do what they think is best for the long term.
    Well, of course. I've been too impressed with Reese and all the team's talent evaluators track record to not believe in them now.

It's just I do find it a bit rich--getting back to the OP of this thread--that there is so much positive passion on behalf of Jernigan, unsubstantiated by very little if any performance to date, so soon after there was such vehement vitriol against Moss after his first 2 (though maybe it was after his 3rd).

I mean, the aspects of Moss' potential that were so highly anticipated and touted by all concerned--"blazing" speed, quickness, and ability as a good returner--ultimately meant nothing. Moss could not deliver, when it was all said and done.

The same attributes have, as it happens, been attributed to Jernigan. The disappointing results, after 2 seasons, have been eerily similar to those of Moss.

And they're both short. So they got that going for them.

JJ will not flourish in Blue. He has shown some skills but much like Wes Welker before getting to the team who used him in a way that spelled success for him and the Pats, the Jints will not be retooling to showcase JJ. I hope I'm not wrong because if KG does use JJ that means that Cruz has moved on and no way JJ even comes close to the performance that Cruz exhibits

How short is "short receiver" under 6 foot?

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    How short is "short receiver" under 6 foot?
    Moss and Jernigan are both 5'8". That's 4" under 6 feet, and considered to be short by any definition you chose in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Moss and Jernigan are both 5'8". That's 4" under 6 feet, and considered to be short by any definition you chose in the NFL.
    SO no 5'8''. What if a player is 5'9'' is that draft able still?