+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: with your defense as it looks right now,do you think it..

Bench Player

with your defense as it looks right now,do you think it..

hello giant fans,im curious to get your take on your defense as it looks right now.can it contain a healthy RG3 and alfred morris with the pistol triple option offense..do you have concerns or do you think after 1 year your defense will figure it out?

Banned
    that offense will be figured out by most teams come next year..its garbage..and to be honest its a team that plays scared imho...line up play normal..every snap is a fake yada yada yada..not impressed..im curious to know how u skins fans are gonna be with rg 3s bum leg..hes one more acl tear away from a career..its going to happen

I am not sure on opening day what defense will be on the field. I have a feeling we will see a lot more players from last years defense released in next few months. Don't see Webster or Phillips staying. Tuck may be there but is just a shell of former self. Boley and Canty gone. Osi gone. I think they intend in getting quicker players to try and counter your offensive threats. May be a rebuilding year before it over with. Bradshaw gone from offense as well. Prob won't be able to re sign Tynes or booth.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Oh and Cruz could also go if the giants don't tender him. He's a RFA so we'd get a first wound pick if someone signed him. Heard niners may make a run at him

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
    that offense will be figured out by most teams come next year..its garbage..and to be honest its a team that plays scared imho...line up play normal..every snap is a fake yada yada yada..not impressed..im curious to know how u skins fans are gonna be with rg 3s bum leg..hes one more acl tear away from a career..its going to happen
    i dont know if you noticed but RG3 made your talented Dline look very average..my point is this,pistol or option offense is not the issue,if RG3 drops back if the pocket breaks down his ability to get out of the way and extend plays still would be a problem dont you think?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by redskins1 View Post
    hello giant fans,im curious to get your take on your defense as it looks right now.can it contain a healthy RG3 and alfred morris with the pistol triple option offense..do you have concerns or do you think after 1 year your defense will figure it out?
    Defense still sucks, nothing has changed, I think if we get some decent playmakers from the draft then that may improve the defense a little. Also we have wait to see how some of the new players perform in their starting roles. The Redskins defense is not much better. As for RG3 ans Morris I don't see them having the same success as last year.

Also I really hope your coaches didnt ruin RG3 s career by playing him to long in that game. Stupid IMO and I'm sure most of you Redskins fans would agree. I'm not one to wish ill will on other teams star players. If we are to beat you then we want to beat you with your best on the field..

4-New York Giants!!!!!

I think our defense as it was last year was terrible and I would've told you I have zero confidence in them to stop anyone.....but next year our D will definitely look different. I guess we just have to wait and find out how fast they mesh together.

Coughlin did mention however at the combine that stoppping QB's that run the option will be of great consideration when putting together the 2013 team.

Bench Player
    RG3 is a different style QB,this dude is accurate has a strong arm very smart and can run..DE normally can run down a QB,but RG can out run DE DB'S and LB'S..i dont know how you stop that..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redskins1 View Post
    i dont know if you noticed but RG3 made your talented Dline look very average..my point is this,pistol or option offense is not the issue,if RG3 drops back if the pocket breaks down his ability to get out of the way and extend plays still would be a problem dont you think?
    he did?last i checked we won the first game he threw a pick fumbled the ball got sacked..and the second game looked pedestrian..throwing for what 180 yds..yeah he tore us up..lol maybe u should ask...how do we stop morris..he is the problem not the lizard king rg3
    Last edited by NASCARBLITZ; 03-03-2013 at 04:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread