+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants are currently only $3,832,113 under the cap - Again thanks to Optimus-NY BBI

Exclamation Giants are currently only $3,832,113 under the cap - Again thanks to Optimus-NY BBI

Some how Dallas with all their restructuring is now in better position than us... after being in cap hell....... go figure.

Cap Space for teams (sorted from most cap space to least cap space): as of March 3, 2013:

Later on this offseason, they're going to need money to sign the rookies. The estimated rookie pool number for the Giants, courtesy of overthecap.com is $4,614,587

•Basically, the Giants need to be at $10,839,587 under the cap in order to sign their draft picks and Restricted Free Agents (RFAs).
    •Right now they are only $3,832,113 under the cap, which means that they are fine to start free agency in 9 days, but they will need to clear another $7,007,474 in cap room in order to get done what they need to get done eventually this offseason.
    •In order to take care of the most pressing need--the Restricted Free Agents who'll cost $6.225 M (Cruz, S. Brown, and A. Brown), they're going to need to clear another $2,392,887--this has to happen before the tenders are due before the start of free agency on March 12th.
    •As can be seen, there is obviously more work to be done by the Giants' cap man, K. Abrams, before free agency begins--I didn't even include the Giants' own free agents that they want to attempt to retain OR the players that they'd be interested in gong after from other teams.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=466238
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Veteran
    Another 7 million in cap space? LOL

this should be good

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Another 7 million in cap space? LOL

this should be good
    As much as I love Webster, he has to be cut or take MUCH less. Diehl as well.

I just cannot understand how Dallas climbed out of their cap hell so fast.... they always seem to do this. I'm sure it doesn't benefit their future but still.

Dallas was $20+ million OVER the and now they have more cap room than us?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    As much as I love Webster, he has to be cut or take MUCH less. Diehl as well.

I just cannot understand how Dallas climbed out of their cap hell so fast.... they always seem to do this. I'm sure it doesn't benefit their future but still.

Dallas was $20+ million OVER the and now they have more cap room than us?
    They restructured like 6 people. Just wait till those cap hits come in the next couple years, Jerruh must be in win now mode.

If the Giants had an offer out to Cullen Jenkins, Kenny Phillips, more people are probably on the chopping block then we already know. Or maybe they're gonna put a lower tender on Cruz and Stevie Brown to reduce the price tag.. interesting month coming up

They have some work to do.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

If a player gets cut after the 12th,does their cap hit become the dead money amount?

LOL @ cleveland 46,000,000 in cap space

GET WELL SOON

Diehl + Webster + Tuck = about that freed up (if not more)...

DeMarcus Ware, Miles Austin, Brandon Carr, Jason Witten and Ryan Cook all had their deals adjusted in order to clear up the $20 million necessary to meet the 2013 salary cap. Speculations suggest that Nate Livings, Orlando Scandrick, Mackenzy Bernadeau and Jay Ratliff will also be restructured.

How I love Jerry Jones
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Diehl + Webster + Tuck = about that freed up (if not more)...
    A hell of a lot more... but we can't cut Tuck. We are counting on him being productive next season... we have too many other holes to cut him. We already lost Osi.

Also if we lose Boothe we may need to keep Diehl as well
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

+ Reply to Thread