+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants are currently only $3,832,113 under the cap - Again thanks to Optimus-NY BBI

As you can see Toad, it's MUCH much more however we cant afford to cut all of them.

Snee and Tuck arent going anywhere.

Releasing Webster alone would put us where we want to be.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

T.C. to his daughter honey we are going to cut your husbands salary down to 4 MIL can you make it on that.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Banned
    Can we pay Chris Snees salary through Coughlin? Bump Coughlins pay $7 million a year since it will get double taxed and he gives it to his daughter. Chris Snee takes the league minimum. We save like 3-4 million in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    As much as I love Webster, he has to be cut or take MUCH less. Diehl as well.

I just cannot understand how Dallas climbed out of their cap hell so fast.... they always seem to do this. I'm sure it doesn't benefit their future but still.

Dallas was $20+ million OVER the and now they have more cap room than us?
    I don't think Dallas has resigned any of their own FAs yet. Also, think about what all those restructures are going to do to their cap space moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by LayLow View Post
    If a player gets cut after the 12th,does their cap hit become the dead money amount?
    Cap hit = Salary+Dead Money (dead money is money that has already been paid to a player, for instance signing bonuses, or money that is otherwise guaranteed).

No matter what, dead money counts against the cap. As far as cutting a player, vet salaries aren't typically guaranteed until they are on the Week 1 roster. Once that happens, 100% of their salary is guaranteed for the season. So, between now and Week 1, if we cut a player we can save on what their base salary is, but all the dead money would count against the cap. If a player has more than one year left on their contract, all dead money is accelerated and counts against the cap this year. So, let's say a player signed a 4 year $20m contract, with $8m of it as a signing bonus. The $8m SB is paid upfront, but for cap purposes is spread over the course of the contract. Each year the player gets a base salary of $3m, and for accounting purposes counts as an additional $2m against the cap for a total of $5m per year. If we wanted to cut him after his second year of the contract, we'd save the $3m base salary, but the remaining $4m "dead money" would be accelerated to hit that season's cap. We'd lose $1m in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    LOL @ cleveland 46,000,000 in cap space
    they were 54M the other day so they must of signed a few people
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I don't think Dallas has resigned any of their own FAs yet. Also, think about what all those restructures are going to do to their cap space moving forward.
    exactly, that is what got us in this mess in the first place

Jerry Jones is a ******* idiot. He keeps kicking the can down the road without actually "freeing up" cap space. He sucks as a GM so drafting good players is a problem, then he over pays for free agents; that organization is so screwed and I love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Cap hit = Salary+Dead Money (dead money is money that has already been paid to a player, for instance signing bonuses, or money that is otherwise guaranteed).

No matter what, dead money counts against the cap. As far as cutting a player, vet salaries aren't typically guaranteed until they are on the Week 1 roster. Once that happens, 100% of their salary is guaranteed for the season. So, between now and Week 1, if we cut a player we can save on what their base salary is, but all the dead money would count against the cap. If a player has more than one year left on their contract, all dead money is accelerated and counts against the cap this year. So, let's say a player signed a 4 year $20m contract, with $8m of it as a signing bonus. The $8m SB is paid upfront, but for cap purposes is spread over the course of the contract. Each year the player gets a base salary of $3m, and for accounting purposes counts as an additional $2m against the cap for a total of $5m per year. If we wanted to cut him after his second year of the contract, we'd save the $3m base salary, but the remaining $4m "dead money" would be accelerated to hit that season's cap. We'd lose $1m in that scenario.
    Got it now. Thanks!!

This is plenty of room to sign me

+ Reply to Thread