+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    William Joseph's work ethic was questioned and that is why he dropped to us in the first round. Work ethic is a character issue, an issue that followed him in the pros. Other than that one instance you I think your right.
    Thats not a character red flag.

Pretty much every DT scouting report in history will say they take plays off...

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Sadly....I do know this. Just wish I could be right about my draft picks just ONCE!!
    he was my horse too..

Pisses me off!!! We should hire Gil Brandt.....dude is a "genious"
    best GM ever!!

GET WELL SOON

Pisses me off!!! We should hire Gil Brandt.....dude is a "genious"
    Genious, the new Imgrate.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Thats not a character red flag.

Pretty much every DT scouting report in history will say they take plays off...
    I'm not making this up Slip. I'm a lifetime fan of the U (Miami University), so remember the draft distinctly. That was the wrap on Joseph even in college. He had top 10-15 talent and no motivation. His stock dropped because of this reputation. His work ethic was questionable even for a DT. You may be right in saying he didn't have a character flaw. He may just not have cared about playing football, to those of us who love football this is a definite character flaw. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I'm not making this up Slip. I'm a lifetime fan of the U (Miami University), so remember the draft distinctly. That was the wrap on Joseph even in college. He had top 10-15 talent and no motivation. His stock dropped because of this reputation. His work ethic was questionable even for a DT. You may be right in saying he didn't have a character flaw. He may just not have cared about playing football, to those of us who love football this is a definite character flaw. LOL!
    Right, it is, but its a completely different type of issue than having an arrest record

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Right, it is, but its a completely different type of issue than having an arrest record
    Agree 100% there huge difference between lack of work ethic and having an arrest record. There will be a lot of good players available for the Giants at 19 so why take a guy you have concerns about.

Ogletree could very well be a top 10 talent in this draft.. maybe a All-Pro for years? does JR takes the risk?... doudt it

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Agree 100% there huge difference between lack of work ethic and having an arrest record. There will be a lot of good players available for the Giants at 19 so why take a guy you have concerns about.
    He looks special. Head and shoulders above anybody else at ILB in this draft. We could put him at OLB like Cincy did with Vontaze Burfict and he could be high impact right now. I think he would be productive at MLB as a rookie.

Honestly, I don't think he will be there at 19.

we have 3 OLB's if Rivers is re-signed. We need a thumper in the middle that is still athletic enough to cover in the pass game. Ogletree will get swallowed up in the run game as a mike

GET WELL SOON