+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    791

    Am I missing something or are the Giants hoping for another run soon.................

    Maybe I'm just illiterate to the whole cap and dead money thing but what are the Giants afraid of? why don't they cut the dead weight and the players who make to much but don't produce much. For example Webster.....if they cut him they would save $7,250,000 according to Optimus-NY BBI. DD about $4,825,000 in cap room, those two right there we save about $12M. With that money we can sign our own FA/RFA like KP, VC.

    Only reason I bring this up is because I feel that the Giants are great at drafting, like someone on here said "no one has a perfect draft" no one drafts players that start that next year and all pan out. But! i feel like the Giants do well enough to let these guys go and trust in the draft, plus the draft is full of good talent when it comes to Defense.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    All-Pro ny06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,811
    Only logical answer would be they feel they don't have the replacements on the team, or they want to see if they would take a pay cut first.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

  3. #3
    i think the reason why, is because JR wants to ensure he has the replacement on the roster before he releases anyone that could create another hole. What I mean, for example is the situation with Rolle. He too would be a casualty if we want to add cap room, and many believe he will be cut. But only AFTER JR can re-sign KP or Rolles replacement. Otherwise, were he to do this in the reverse order, meaning, release Rolle and THEN try to re-sign KP, if KP chooses to take off after we've cut Rolle, we now have TWO positions we need to now fill with enough room for really ONE player...see what I mean?
    We very well could be cutting Webster 1000%. JR WON'T do it until he has the replacement signed and on the roster. Lets say we draft Rhodes, or a FA Corner. After we sign that guy, Webster could very well be out the door. Again, he wont do it in reverse order bc were he to cut Webster, and not have the replacement on the roster, we could again potentially be creating an additional hole on the roster were we unable to replace Webster with another starter caliber corner...

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i think the reason why, is because JR wants to ensure he has the replacement on the roster before he releases anyone that could create another hole. What I mean, for example is the situation with Rolle. He too would be a casualty if we want to add cap room, and many believe he will be cut. But only AFTER JR can re-sign KP or Rolles replacement. Otherwise, were he to do this in the reverse order, meaning, release Rolle and THEN try to re-sign KP, if KP chooses to take off after we've cut Rolle, we now have TWO positions we need to now fill with enough room for really ONE player...see what I mean?
    We very well could be cutting Webster 1000%. JR WON'T do it until he has the replacement signed and on the roster. Lets say we draft Rhodes, or a FA Corner. After we sign that guy, Webster could very well be out the door. Again, he wont do it in reverse order bc were he to cut Webster, and not have the replacement on the roster, we could again potentially be creating an additional hole on the roster were we unable to replace Webster with another starter caliber corner...
    Actually that makes all the sense in the world, didn't see it that way. Because if JR cuts them now the potential replacements will have leverage on the Giants because they know they need them badly. I guess I need to be patient lol

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Actually that makes all the sense in the world, didn't see it that way. Because if JR cuts them now the potential replacements will have leverage on the Giants because they know they need them badly. I guess I need to be patient lol
    lol u and me both pal u and me both...cant wait to see what the finished product will look like week 1 next year...i actually dont believe we are in near the dire strait as some imply. a few savvy moves by JR and we have money to ADD a big time player on top of our FA's...I'm hopeful we supe up the OL with a quality G to replace Boothe (Warmack in a miracle, Cooper could actually be realistic) and a RT through FA or Brewer steps up. On D, I hope we can add a DT, and a pass rush specialist. Also a quality corner. Don't think thats unreasonable at all...

  6. #6
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,852
    As bad as Webby played last year, there is not a #3 CB in the league that could play on his level. C-Web will comeback this year.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    As bad as Webby played last year, there is not a #3 CB in the league that could play on his level. C-Web will comeback this year.
    your only as good as your last game. I like Webby alot too... but he seems to have aged quickly

  8. #8
    The fact that Hosley got fewer targets on him in the baltimore game tells a lot...

  9. #9
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The fact that Hosley got fewer targets on him in the baltimore game tells a lot...
    No it doesn't.

  10. #10
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Right. He was checking their burner. THey were going to throw to Jacoby Jones no matter who was one him, one or two dbs, safety help, etc he was a part of their game plan. Like when Plax was here Eli would throw to Plax even when he was triple covered.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts