+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I missing something or are the Giants hoping for another run soon.................

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Maybe I'm just illiterate to the whole cap and dead money thing but what are the Giants afraid of? why don't they cut the dead weight and the players who make to much but don't produce much. For example Webster.....if they cut him they would save $7,250,000 according to Optimus-NY BBI. DD about $4,825,000 in cap room, those two right there we save about $12M. With that money we can sign our own FA/RFA like KP, VC.

Only reason I bring this up is because I feel that the Giants are great at drafting, like someone on here said "no one has a perfect draft" no one drafts players that start that next year and all pan out. But! i feel like the Giants do well enough to let these guys go and trust in the draft, plus the draft is full of good talent when it comes to Defense.

Thoughts?
    CWeb was one of the best CBs in the league in 2011 (legit top 5).

You don't cut someone like that the second they don't perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    CWeb was one of the best CBs in the league in 2011 (legit top 5).

You don't cut someone like that the second they don't perform.
    People around here are too knee-jerky.Yes, Webster had a horrible year, but save for the second half of '09 where the entire defense **** the bed, he's been an excellent corner since the '07 SB run. At this point I think it's just as likely that Webster rebounds next year as it is that he plays again like he had in '12.

I do think we should work on lowering his cap hit this season somehow.

It's early......give it time. They are only just now starting to bring in FA. Gotta see what you can get and how much it's going to cost.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    As bad as Webby played last year, there is not a #3 CB in the league that could play on his level. C-Web will comeback this year.
    your only as good as your last game. I like Webby alot too... but he seems to have aged quickly

+ Reply to Thread