+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Pro Days Schedule And Analysis

2013 Pro Days Schedule And Analysis

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...e-and-analysis

Excerpt: "Between the NFL Scouting Combine and the 2013 NFL Draft, NFL coaches and scouts -- not to mention the prospects themselves -- turn their attention to the various college pro day workouts. These are not as all-encompassing as the combine, but they are important enough for the key decision-makers in the league to travel around the country for more than a month to watch the talent up close and in person.

Please be sure to visit our pro day blog to get the latest information.Pro days by date:

March 1:
    Purdue, Texas-El Paso
    March 4: Alabama-Birmingham, Alabama State, Alcorn State, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Dakota State, Troy
    March 5: Auburn, Buffalo, Harding, Jackson State, Missouri Southern State, Northwestern, Tennessee-Chattanooga, Tuskegee, Youngstown State
    March 6: Alabama A&M, Duquesne, Eastern Washington, Kent State, Mississippi State, North Alabama, Northern Arizona, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Texas Tech, West Texas A&M, Wisconsin
    March 7: Arizona, Arkansas-Monticello, Clemson, Furman, Idaho, Illinois, Miami (Fla.), Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Syracuse, Washington State
    March 8: Arizona State, Cornell, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Missouri State, Montana, Mount Union, Northern Illinois, Ohio State, Southern Mississippi, TCU, Texas A&M, Wofford
    March 11: California (Pa.), Central Michigan, Penn State
    March 12: Delaware State, Florida, Jacksonville State, Kansas State, Lehigh, Monmouth, Oklahoma State, Portland State, Toledo, Towson, Tulane, UCLA
    March 13: Alabama, Central Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Colorado, Colorado State, Louisiana-Monroe, Marshall, Maryland, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Rutgers, Washington " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It appears we may have a lot of interest in Winters

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Representatives from 16 NFL teams — including offensive line coaches from seven teams — gathered at Kent State’s pro day on March 6, where 12 players worked out. The workout was held indoors, with the 40-yard dash run on a fast track and the drills executed on a standard indoor practice field.

Brian Winters, G (6-foot-3 1/2, 315 pounds) — Winters ran the 40 in 5.29 and 5.18 seconds. He had a 4.75-second short shuttle and 7.57-second three-cone drill. He had a 27-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-5 broad jump. Winters was unable to lift on the bench press due to a strained pectoral muscle suffered at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Josh Kline, G (6-2 5/8, 307) — Kline ran the 40 in 5.12 and 5.19 seconds. He had a 4.59-second short shuttle and 7.66-second three-cone drill. His vertical was 27 inches and he had a 8-foot-5 broad jump. He performed 25 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. Kline — who was not invited to the combine — could be a possible seventh-round pick.

New York Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty conducted the workout that both Winters and Kline participated in.

I am interested to see the results of some of the pro days today. There are a few players that I want to see how they do. Shamarko Thomas has his today. He did awesome at the combine but I think that he can run better, that is the only thing that I am looking to see from him really at the pro day. His other areas he dominated in. Jordan Campbell is going to be at the New Mexico pro day. I am interested to see the numbers he comes up with. I think Ray Ray Armstrong will be at the Miami pro day. There are quite a few players that I am interested to see the results that have their pro days today!

+ Reply to Thread