+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    They take a Strongside End we will know what they think of Justin tuck

  2. #12
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    To people who say this I say go look at his 2011 tape too. This year he played light because FSU intended to play him at multiple postions. He dropped from 277lbs in 2011 to 255lbs in 2012. Then Brandon Jenkins got hurt and Werner had to play exclusively LDE, but he was on the light side for that. But when he played at at 277, which is around the same size he will be in the NFL his tape was pretty incredible. I would ask anyone to go back to the 2011 FSU v Oklahoma game and watch him destroy some pretty touted offensive linemen, including Lane Johnson.

    i still think it unlikely he drops to us, but if he did I would grab him in a heartbeat.
    meh,,still not impressed your talking about one game. he is by no means a dynamic pass rusher by any stretch. his sack total this past year is miniscule if you remove the sacks in his first 3 games against weak competition.. also, he doesnt make many tackles which is a bit alarming. lane johnson had a breakout year this year. werner reeks of a potential bust.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Bases on this I would take him in the third. Tops

  4. #14
    no way you could pass him up if he was there. Would be a steal similiar to Prince.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    meh,,still not impressed your talking about one game. he is by no means a dynamic pass rusher by any stretch. his sack total this past year is miniscule if you remove the sacks in his first 3 games against weak competition.. also, he doesnt make many tackles which is a bit alarming. lane johnson had a breakout year this year. werner reeks of a potential bust.
    Nah, I am not talking about just 1 game. I just mentioned that 1 because at the time that was the #1 ranked team in the country and the guy he is lined up against is a future 1st round prospect in lane Johnson.

    The best team FSU played this year was Florida, that game is a human highlight real for Werner again.

    The guy showed up in big games against good competition. I think he is most analysts top DE for a reason. You also gotta recognize that Werner played on a pretty stacked defense. Any time you have that many qualitiy players you are going to share tackles.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-04-2013 at 08:23 PM.

  6. #16
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,450
    Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    I have seen some mock drafts and top 50 rankings where he drops to the bottom of the first. Would you take him at 19?
    I was impressed the first time I saw him. He is a " dog " on wheels.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  7. #17
    CBS's lastest mocks have the Giants taking Werner or Sheldon Richardson..

  8. #18
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They take a Strongside End we will know what they think of Justin tuck
    IMO It may or may not mean much. Tuck was drafted with Stay and Osi on board and Kiwi with all of them on the team. JPP ? We all know that story. That been said I'm worried about Tuck's medical history and if this has some weight with his down play the last 2 years.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    that almost should be a clip for lane johnson...i pray he's the one who falls to us. he played RT pretty damn well especially if Werner was this beast thats claimed in 2011. The sack he had was vs the LT...But yeah, i'd be alright with Werner. I remember the earlier mocks had him going top 5 didnt they? how the hell is he falling so far??

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    that almost should be a clip for lane johnson...i pray he's the one who falls to us. he played RT pretty damn well especially if Werner was this beast thats claimed in 2011. The sack he had was vs the LT...But yeah, i'd be alright with Werner. I remember the earlier mocks had him going top 5 didnt they? how the hell is he falling so far??
    Lane gave up 2 TFL and 3 Qb pressures that game, It was hardly a highlight game. He has improved a lot since last year, however.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts