+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    It would be a good pick but I wouldn't be excited. Not a lot of longevity at DE's who are below 265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    IMO It may or may not mean much. Tuck was drafted with Stay and Osi on board and Kiwi with all of them on the team. JPP ? We all know that story. That been said I'm worried about Tuck's medical history and if this has some weight with his down play the last 2 years.
    Taking 1 this year wouldnt feel anything like those situations where it was adding 2 a position of strength.When they took JPP they had them all locked up and all were playing at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    It would be a good pick but I wouldn't be excited. Not a lot of longevity at DE's who are below 265 lbs.
    If he got up to 265-270 would you be excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Taking 1 this year wouldnt feel anything like those situations where it was adding 2 a position of strength.When they took JPP they had them all locked up and all were playing at a high level.
    Thats precisely my point. If they take a DE early in the draft it may not be more significant than other years because its more of a need than adding 2 a strangth . That been said I get your point , if they draft a stud DE is because they are searching for Tuck's successor.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGd...ichael-strahan

Ironically Stray lost a lot of weight going all the way down to 250-255 lbs in his last years of football precisely to prolong his career.
    Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 03-05-2013 at 02:02 AM.

I've read that he could be a top 5 pick, there is no way he falls to 19, besides I like Ansah better....

Werner is definitely a guy I could see dropping, but to 19? Not sure about that. I'd be happy to take him if he dropped that far though

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I've read that he could be a top 5 pick, there is no way he falls to 19, besides I like Ansah better....
    Ansah is my choice in the 1st round in my mock draft in the members mock draft subforum but I made that mock back in Jan. 21 before Ansah's climb during the combine. But if Bjoern slides I would gladly jump over him with the 19 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    that almost should be a clip for lane johnson...i pray he's the one who falls to us. he played RT pretty damn well especially if Werner was this beast thats claimed in 2011. The sack he had was vs the LT...But yeah, i'd be alright with Werner. I remember the earlier mocks had him going top 5 didnt they? how the hell is he falling so far??
    Not sure what you watched there. I'd say Werner took Lane to school in regards to the run plays. Lane did a decent job though mirroring him in the pass rush but that goes back to what I said in a previous thread and that Lane is just such a natural LT and should exclusively play there anyway. You really don't get the best out of him slotting him at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    also, he doesnt make many tackles which is a bit alarming.
    tackle numbers are extremely inaccurate. One of the most misleading stats.