+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mock Draft 3.4

Mock Draft 3.4

Assuming we get a third round comp pick for Aaron Ross (just a what-if)

Round 1 – Kevin Minter, ILB – LSU…. Not a lot of depth at the Linebacker position in this draft and this is a glaring need for the Giants. They need to address it early with an efficient and durable football player, like Minter.

Round 2 – Datone Jones, DE – UCLA…. Plays heavy, but carries it well. He is a powerful kid that will be slotted at DE, but played a lot of DT this past season. This will help the Giants with their NASCAR formation.

Round 3a – Menelik Watson, OT – Florida State…. Extremely athletic prospect that was a former basketball player. His inexperience will hurt his stock, but this kid is a great talent and can start at RT.

Round 3b – TJ McDonald, S – USC…. Smooth athlete that reminds me a lot of Kenny Phillips. Speaking of KP, it doesn’t appear that the Giants want to keep his services and who knows if Stevie Brown is actually that good. Giants should address this position and McDonald could be an under the radar guy.

Round 4 – Jordan Hill, DT – Penn State… Not flashy, but a fantastic run-stopper. He anchored the Penn State defense this year. Kuhn is recovering from an ACL tear, Austin has shown nothing so far, Bernard is 33 and Joseph cannot do it alone.

Round 5 – Kayvon Webster, CB/S – South Florida…. I have been raving about this kid for a while. He is a beast and can provide help at the corner spot, but also be versatile enough to play some Safety. A good aggressive player.

Round 6 – Travis Kelce, TE – Under the radar, all around TE prospect that was unable to work at the Senior Bowl due to an injury. He has great size and deceptive speed (just watch the Duke/Cincinnati game). Robinson seems to be too much of a project and Bennett isn’t “feeling the love”.

Round 7 – Michael Buchanan, DE/LB – Illinois…. Before this season, he was regarded as a big time talent and possibly a first round pick. Unfortunately, he did not play up to his potential this season, but he is extremely athletic and could be a nice project for the Giants. He can play the role similar to Kiwi.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Watch out, I still haven't heard the end of it for picking Minter round 1 in my last mock...

I've personally given up on mocks until after free agency starts... I want to see what we plug in with FA before releasing a new mock.
    Andre the Giant

I hope there's a prospect than Minter at #19..

1) Minter at 19 is not a good value. Preffer Ogletree, Cooper, Rhodes and Trufant.
    2) Also don't think he will be there, but that will be a great pick!!
    3)Good fit. But he is a second rounder.
    4)Thats a good pick. I like him and even though he is slow he is missile in the field.
    5)Not very familiar, but Ill trut ya
    6) Yeah he is a huge TE. Great blocker, but I think he will go before the 6th.
    7)Depth.

Veteran
    2 down linebacker in the first round? Nice

Datone jones will get drafted before minter.

Banned
    No ILB at 19 is worth it. Though I'm surprised that no one likes Minter, I'd take him over Ogletree anyday.

i WAS A guy who was high on both Amerson and TJ Mc Donald last season, but they both had down years. And Mc Donald got beat over the top by Michael Williams in the Senior Bowl, some good plays yea, but too many mistakes. I prefer Robert Lester, the alabama safety was high in INT's last season, and plays the run well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    i WAS A guy who was high on both Amerson and TJ Mc Donald last season, but they both had down years. And Mc Donald got beat over the top by Michael Williams in the Senior Bowl, some good plays yea, but too many mistakes. I prefer Robert Lester, the alabama safety was high in INT's last season, and plays the run well.
    I'm very high on Amerson too!! He is probably my favorite player in this draft, along with Devin Taylor. But yeah they are all ballhawks, and I think that Amerson will payoff as a first round guy, he has that kind of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    No ILB at 19 is worth it. Though I'm surprised that no one likes Minter, I'd take him over Ogletree anyday.
    The only reason I would take Minter over Ogletree is because he doesn't have any off-field issue, but talent wise Ogletree beats Minter any day (he is TOP 10 talent according to Mike Mayock)