+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will The Giants Bring Back Kevin Boothe?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...k-kevin-boothe

Excerpt: "Paul Schwartz of the New York Post is reporting that the New York Giants are "not near" a deal with pending free-agent left guard Kevin Boothe. With no obvious replacement on the roster and Boothe having played well last year, bringing him back would seem like an obvious move. But after signing left tackle Will Beatty to a long-term deal last week, the Giants still face a salary-cap crunch and have needs to address on defense as well as elsewhere on the offensive line.

The key thing to remember about the Giants' offseason is they are relentless prioritizers. They obviously saw Beatty as a top priority and got his deal done quickly. If left guard is not the next priority on the list, it's not a surprise that they haven't gotten anywhere yet with Boothe. It's entirely possible they're assessing what to do at safety and cornerback, whereKenny Phillips and Corey Webster present thorny offseason questions. It's possible they're making a plan to pursue a right tackle to replace David Diehl, and imagining James Breweras a replacement at guard for Boothe if they should do that. It's possible the situations with wide receivers Hakeem Nicks and/or Victor Cruz are next on Jerry Reese's list of issues to resolve." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I hope so, who would take the title for the largest rear end on the team if he wasn't here?!

He does have a significant caboose. But if we can re-sign him, we should. He can also slide over to center if the need should arise.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Do the Giants want to bring Boothe back? Yes, will it happen? I don't think so. With other pending free agents and salary cap issues the Giants may not be able to resign Boothe. He also has been quoted as to saying "I want to test the free agent market" in other words I know the Giants want me back, but may not be able to afford what I feel my value is. Some team will pay him, not top dollar at the guard position, but substantially more then what the Giants can afford.

Giants fan since the early 80s

James Brewer move to Guard?

I like Boothe as a player, and he also sounds like an intelligent guy when he talks (which is a big plus for learning the game), but I think I laugh every single time the camera cuts to him during the huddle.

He's gotta be the most odd shaped human being I've ever seen. His top half and bottom half remind me of when you were young and you'd modify your action figures/lego people. Like someone took the "Fat guy" action figure bottom and attached it to the "Medium sized guy" top half.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    James Brewer move to Guard?
    Could be

# 80

can't see over paying for Boothe.. let Mosley and Brewer fight it out

Every year Boothe looks in better shape than the year before. He was huge a few years ago.

yes. I will give him that.