+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coughlin "Absolutely" Believes Deal Will Get Done With Victor Cruz

That would essentially take the 26-year-old off the open market for now since the Giants could then match any offer he receives and would be entitled to a first-round pick in compensation from the team that signs him if they don't."
    Dont think for a second a team wouldnt burn a late 1st for Cruz. I am willing to bet a team like the Pats or Jets or Steelers or ect would love a Victor Cruz with the 1st. He is ONLY 26. He is a top 10 WR in the league. He is a game changer and VERY MARKETABLE.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It is his place to say, though - he was asked for his opinion. Not giving one would do more harm than good.

Easier to say something positive and move on - moreso when you're promoting something.
    So you think he's not telling the truth?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So you think he's not telling the truth?
    I think he's just giving fluff answers because he is there to promote his book, not talk about contract negotiations.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Dont think for a second a team wouldnt burn a late 1st for Cruz. I am willing to bet a team like the Pats or Jets or Steelers or ect would love a Victor Cruz with the 1st. He is ONLY 26. He is a top 10 WR in the league. He is a game changer and VERY MARKETABLE.
    26 is getting up there for a receiver, most enter the league at around 21.

I actually believe that TC actually believes a deal will get done. Problem is, he has nothing to do with it at this point. He's not the money guy.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I actually believe that TC actually believes a deal will get done. Problem is, he has nothing to do with it at this point. He's not the money guy.
    Banged up or not TC was very uncomfortable in how the Steve Smith situation was handled and in retrospective that turn out OK. That been said I respect a lot the old Sgt. integrity for not crossing the line in FO decisions, even when we know he is not the money guy we all have seen how embarrassing those situations could turn out to be.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran
    I'm curious how much the Patriots will pay Wes Welker, or how much he'll get on the open market.. He's older, but he essentially has the same role and production as Victor Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I think he's just giving fluff answers because he is there to promote his book, not talk about contract negotiations.

26 is getting up there for a receiver, most enter the league at around 21.
    But is the fluff true? Or is he lying?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    +1

+ Reply to Thread