+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cowboys Open To Trading Anthony Spencer

Cowboys Open To Trading Anthony Spencer

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I just don't get it ! They tag him first and then they expect a looney GM to come and trades for him ? ! ? !
    Mmmmmmm !
    I get it if they tag him in order to work a long term deal but if this rumor report is true then I lost the little respect I had for Jerry Jones as a GM.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I just don't get it ! They tag him first and then they expect a looney GM to come and trades for him ? ! ? !
    Mmmmmmm !
    I get it if they tag him in order to work a long term deal but if this rumor report is true then I lost the little respect I had for Jerry Jones as a GM.
    Who has respect for Jerry as a GM? Or an owner for that matter?

That said, I don't think they're expecting to trade him, but they're open to the idea. In an offseason short on pass rushers, some team may be willing to take Spencer and sign him to a long term contract-- which is better than Spencer hitting the market and the Cowboys only getting an extra 4th round compensatory pick in '14.

I'd say Spencer is worth at least a 2nd rounder, if not a valuable veteran to plug in at some other spot.

I think the Cowboys could lose Spencer and be okay. I think Crawford can play SDE and not be awful. But I'd hate to lose Spencer and get nothing in return. That happens to the Cowboys all too often.

+ Reply to Thread