+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Which DE would you take??

I've been looking at a lot of mocks and most have us taking Ogletree or Ansah...But seeing as some of these mocks have some other high valued DE still available. If Moore, Werner, or Ansah are still on the board at #19..Which would you go, I would like to hear some feedback on some of the guys on here that really study film. I'm not huge on Combine stars, I believe in the show me what you've done on the field tape first. Like to hear some feedback on these 3 guys.

Ansah but he wont be there

Top 5 DEs I'd want for the Giants (Not just pure rankings)

1. Ansah
    2. Werner
    3a. Jones
    3b. Okafor
    4. Carradine (Maybe higher depending on Pro Day)

I really do like Mingo but not as a full time 4-3 DE. Jordan is a good athlete but he seems better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Still not sure what to make of Margus Hunt...

Werner

Giants win with either Moore or Werner. Both are great talents and could potentially fall to 19. If I was to choose I'd go with Werner. I think Moore's combine numbers were a fluke because he plays at a much higher level. I just fell Werner has more upside and could benefit great in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Top 5 DEs I'd want for the Giants (Not just pure rankings)

1. Ansah
    2. Werner
    3a. Jones
    3b. Okafor
    4. Carradine (Maybe higher depending on Pro Day)

I really do like Mingo but not as a full time 4-3 DE. Jordan is a good athlete but he seems better suited as a 3-4 OLB. Still not sure what to make of Margus Hunt...
    Id like Hunt a lot better if he was 22 not 26. By the end of his rookie deal he could start to decline. I also havent seen enough tape of him 2. A lot of these people ranking Hunt are basing him off 2 games and a combine thats not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Id like Hunt a lot better if he was 22 not 26. By the end of his rookie deal he could start to decline. I also havent seen enough tape of him 2. A lot of these people ranking Hunt are basing him off 2 games and a combine thats not enough
    Not really a fan of his height either. A skilled, veteran OT could probably take advantage of him with leverage. It might seem asinine to some but I'd say Ansah is actually a safer choice than Margus Hunt.

Ansah or Werner is the two players I want

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Not really a fan of his height either. A skilled, veteran OT could probably take advantage of him with leverage. It might seem asinine to some but I'd say Ansah is actually a safer choice than Margus Hunt.
    Im hoping Ansah or Mingo falls but I doubt either 1 drops to the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Margus Hunt is a trap selection imo.