+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I flat out want Ansah. Personally if we can't get him at 19, than I would just go CB.

Ansah would be my choice but it seems very unlikely he will be around.. I hope Werner and Moore go early because I think they are both overrated and would help more talented players fall to us at 19.

Banned
    1. Ansah
    2. Moore
    3. Werner
    4. Montgomery
    5. Carradine
    6. Okafor
    7. Hunt

Curious to know why some people aren't as high on Moore anymore...Is it because of his combine?? The kid had incredible stats the past two years against SEC opponents..was his work ethic being questioned at all??

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Id like Hunt a lot better if he was 22 not 26. By the end of his rookie deal he could start to decline. I also havent seen enough tape of him 2. A lot of these people ranking Hunt are basing him off 2 games and a combine thats not enough
    With his upside, its no diffrent then JPP.. JPP had very little tape and started playing football later in life and got drafted in the mid 1st.. The only real diffrence is age.. Hunt looks awesome,a nd i'm afraid alot of teams are gonna regret letting him and larry warford go outside of RD1, or even late RD1 when said and done..

Quote Originally Posted by NYGAiG88 View Post
    Curious to know why some people aren't as high on Moore anymore...Is it because of his combine?? The kid had incredible stats the past two years against SEC opponents..was his work ethic being questioned at all??
    I would be estatic over his value at 19. Nah, hes football player, and a instinctive one with a high motor.. Those are kids who pan out, because he plays hard all the time and knows how to play the game and get to the QB.. Not to mention, get his upper body stronger with a NFL strength and conditioning coach, and he'll be a beast anyways.. Hes got a good enough burst off the snap in my opinion.. His off the snap burst, length, football instincts, and motor are enough for me to like em as a prospect, and especially at 19...

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    I flat out want Ansah. Personally if we can't get him at 19, than I would just go CB.
    Same here, JPP and Ansah, would be really nice to see. If Ansah is taken and Mingo or Moore are there even Werner, i'd still pick Rhodes, i think he'd be the perfect fit, Prince and Xman.

because Ansah has value to both 34 and 43 teams, I do not think he will be there. However, I also believe Moore and Werner to be better 43 players, at least at the moment. Ansah has such a high cieling with his altheticism. It is just can he develop the techniques needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGAiG88 View Post
    I've been looking at a lot of mocks and most have us taking Ogletree or Ansah...But seeing as some of these mocks have some other high valued DE still available. If Moore, Werner, or Ansah are still on the board at #19..Which would you go, I would like to hear some feedback on some of the guys on here that really study film. I'm not huge on Combine stars, I believe in the show me what you've done on the field tape first. Like to hear some feedback on these 3 guys.
    1. Ansah.
    2. Werner.
    3. Margus Hunt.

In that order, if they're not available at 19 th I don't want any other DE with the first pick.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    With his upside, its no diffrent then JPP.. JPP had very little tape and started playing football later in life and got drafted in the mid 1st.. The only real diffrence is age.. Hunt looks awesome,a nd i'm afraid alot of teams are gonna regret letting him and larry warford go outside of RD1, or even late RD1 when said and done..
    disagree, not even close man,,JPP was a 2 time JCC all American in junior college before getting to south florida,,he could rush the passer and stop the run with authority.. I know a lot of you love ansah but the reality is he is more hype than substance. sure he can rush the passer but is an absolute liability against the run. he had 10 combined tackles his soph and junior years and only started this year due to injury to the regular starting DE. the only comparison really is that they are both athletic and of African decent,,it stops from there. he is getting drafted so high based on the comparison to JPP and JPP's achievements in the NFL. There really isn't a true stud DE in this years draft a la jedevoney clowney.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

College career,,,, He amassed 49 tackles, 14 sacks, 19 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles, one interception and one fumble recovery as a freshman at College of the Canyons (California) and earned First-team All-WSC and All-America honors. In 2008 Pierre-Paul played at Fort Scott Community College (Kansas), where his 70 tackles, 10.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries earned him First-Team Little All-American honors.
    He transferred to the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. In 2009, he played thirteen games for the Bulls with seven starts and totaled 45 tackles (16 for losses), 6 sacks, one interception (returned 18 yards for a touchdown), broke up three passes, and forced two fumbles. He was named First-team All-America by Pro Football Weekly for his efforts, and was also first team All Big East. He earned the nickname Haitian Sensation. In the fourth week of the season, he was named the Defensive Lineman Performer of the Week in the College Performance Awards. After his junior year, he decided to forgo his senior season and enter the 2010 NFL Draft.[

Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-06-2013 at 07:03 PM.