+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ansah in a HEARTBEAT. I actually enjoyed Mayock's latest comments on him saying he was a risky prospect and wouldn't develop for a couple of years. That's what I'd like other teams to believe as well so he does drop to 19.

Don't see it happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im hoping Ansah or Mingo falls but I doubt either 1 drops to the Giants
    ah i see u added mingo unless i missed u saying it before...u starting to come around to him more? he's been my first choice all along i dunno if u recall i been askin u about him.
    edit-nm, i just remembered u talkin about mingo being the best read option defender in the draft. didnt know u personally wanted him tho
    i still dont understand this "hes not a 4-3 DE"...let him be that hybrid type player for a couple seasons until he's physically ready to do it full time. his first step is off the charts.

in terms of the OP, imo ansah has the best first step outside of mingo and for a DE thats so huge. but honestly, i watch ansah and wonder if he couldnt put on more weight and go to DT...i dunno, i just dont see a pass rush arsenal from him yet I guess. But if it HAD to be DE and Mingo were gone, I'd be cool with Ansah...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ah i see u added mingo unless i missed u saying it before...u starting to come around to him more? he's been my first choice all along i dunno if u recall i been askin u about him.
    edit-nm, i just remembered u talkin about mingo being the best read option defender in the draft. didnt know u personally wanted him tho
    i still dont understand this "hes not a 4-3 DE"...let him be that hybrid type player for a couple seasons until he's physically ready to do it full time. his first step is off the charts.

in terms of the OP, imo ansah has the best first step outside of mingo and for a DE thats so huge. but honestly, i watch ansah and wonder if he couldnt put on more weight and go to DT...i dunno, i just dont see a pass rush arsenal from him yet I guess. But if it HAD to be DE and Mingo were gone, I'd be cool with Ansah...
    Maybe I should clarify my position on Mingo. He CAN play 4-3 DE obviously but I really feel you don't get the most out of him by giving him majority snaps there. The kid just has insane natural range and athleticism in open space to ONLY rush the passer like most people would want. I actually devised a mock recently on another forum and have him going 3rd overall potentially to Oakland so trust me, I'm high on him too.

As for Ansah, he wasn't really in position a decent amount of snaps to get to the passer or to even record a tackle. If I recall, BYU had him lined up at NT majority of the time which makes absolutely no sense. Same thing with Datone Jones who was lined up as a 3-4 DE and people wonder why he didn't have 10 million sacks. Some of these kids are misused in college.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Ansah in a HEARTBEAT. I actually enjoyed Mayock's latest comments on him saying he was a risky prospect and wouldn't develop for a couple of years. That's what I'd like other teams to believe as well so he does drop to 19.

Don't see it happening though.
    and what if he does not develop? he is either boom or bust,,I don't see any in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    and what if he does not develop? he is either boom or bust,,I don't see any in the middle.
    There's middle ground....he could always end up just being solid. I don't always necessarily agree with Mayock's opinions. Me, I'm high on Ansah and think he'll be an impact player fairly quickly....but that's just my assessment of him. Given his measurables, versatility, size and range I'd easily take my chances on him becoming the player his ceiling projects. I'm sure many other teams feel the same way too.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    There's middle ground....he could always end up just being solid. I don't always necessarily agree with Mayock's opinions. Me, I'm high on Ansah and think he'll be an impact player fairly quickly....but that's just my assessment of him. Given his measurables, versatility, size and range I'd easily take my chances on him as a prospect. I'm sure many other teams feel the same way too.
    his measurables and athleticism scream first round,,,his actual experience and lack of run support does not. this kid really worries me but I will not cry about it if we get to him as I believe in the FO's decision making. I don't think any of this years 1st round DE's are overly impressive. clowney, now there is a stud, 1st round DE.

^ I think he has very good instincts in run support. Personally when I watch him I don't see a guy that is fairly new to the sport. I see a guy with good technique who stays discipline and can set the edge.

I was very impressed with his tape and the way he dominated against top competition at the Senior Bowl further convinced me about his talent and overall work ehtic.

Tank!

Ansah

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    disagree, not even close man,,JPP was a 2 time JCC all American in junior college before getting to south florida,,he could rush the passer and stop the run with authority.. I know a lot of you love ansah but the reality is he is more hype than substance. sure he can rush the passer but is an absolute liability against the run. he had 10 combined tackles his soph and junior years and only started this year due to injury to the regular starting DE. the only comparison really is that they are both athletic and of African decent,,it stops from there. he is getting drafted so high based on the comparison to JPP and JPP's achievements in the NFL. There really isn't a true stud DE in this years draft a la jedevoney clowney.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

College career,,,, He amassed 49 tackles, 14 sacks, 19 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles, one interception and one fumble recovery as a freshman at College of the Canyons (California) and earned First-team All-WSC and All-America honors. In 2008 Pierre-Paul played at Fort Scott Community College (Kansas), where his 70 tackles, 10.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries earned him First-Team Little All-American honors.
    He transferred to the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. In 2009, he played thirteen games for the Bulls with seven starts and totaled 45 tackles (16 for losses), 6 sacks, one interception (returned 18 yards for a touchdown), broke up three passes, and forced two fumbles. He was named First-team All-America by Pro Football Weekly for his efforts, and was also first team All Big East. He earned the nickname Haitian Sensation. In the fourth week of the season, he was named the Defensive Lineman Performer of the Week in the College Performance Awards. After his junior year, he decided to forgo his senior season and enter the 2010 NFL Draft.[

Dude, i all ready knew everything there is to no about JPP's jr college stats since he was a prospect.. Sure he was a awesome player in Jr College, but dosen't change the fact he didn't start playing untill highschool, and Hunt also started later in life.. I'm not sure if Hunt ever messed with Jr College, but i'd imagine he'd dominate as well...lol

Any way u cut the dice, theres similarities between Hunt and JPP's football lives, as far as starting out later in life, both going to solid but not monster programs, and both being very athletic, raw, pass rushers.. Diffrence is that Hunts older, but hes also perdicted to go at end of RD 1, beggining of RD2, and not top half of RD1 like JPP, so he pays for his age right there...