+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's just start from scratch (Toadofsteel 3.0)

Banned
    Jerry Reese specifically stated that he drafts according to height/weight/speed. Let's disregard the fact he doesn't draft linebackers round one. Brown is 15 lbs lighter than the other top ILBs out there. He's almost like a safety. He's not going to be our first round pick regardless what anyone thinks. Reese was content in having a 6th round pick start at MLB.

Just like TE it's a position he ignores and a position he will continue to ignore. Especially when they're not at the top of the height weight and speed scale.

I'll be VERY surprised if Brown goes in the first. I've seen him projected as a mid to late 2nd rounder.

Thanks for the 100th post telling us you don't want Ogeltree.

Okafor in the 2nd is the dream. That would be the steal of the draft IMO. It could happen though if he doesn't have a solid pro day. My next mock may have him as our 2nd round pick. I've seen mocks that have him available with our 2nd.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 03-06-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

No way Okafor falls to us in the 2nd, Doubt he lasts past the Jets if he does slip into the 2nd. He plays the run and pass rushes too well, can strip sack as well, created a lot of turnovers at Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Ehh, it only takes 2-3 QBs for a few of these "dream" picks to be pushed down to us. That doesn't factor in all the talented defensive players at DE, DT, and CB that could easily go before Brown. There's the big three OTs and the slight possibility of a G reach so Arthur Brown has a very realistic possibility being available at 19th overall.

Okafor in the middle of round 2 sounds more like a dream to be honest because the fans and media are sleeping on him since he doesn't possess some freakish athletic trait for us to talk about. He's a solid player that could be a late 1st to early 2nd round choice.
    This.

It would be great if a couple of QB's got way overdrafted in the first 18 picks!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    This.

It would be great if a couple of QB's got way overdrafted in the first 18 picks!
    Arizona, Cleveland, Buffalo, and Jacksonville are all in the market for a QB and may pick in the first two rounds... It only takes one of them to start a run on QB, given how thin the QB draft class is this year....

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I'll be VERY surprised if Brown goes in the first. I've seen him projected as a mid to late 2nd rounder.

Thanks for the 100th post telling us you don't want Ogeltree.

Okafor in the 2nd is the dream. That would be the steal of the draft IMO. It could happen though if he doesn't have a solid pro day. My next mock may have him as our 2nd round pick. I've seen mocks that have him available with our 2nd.
    Would flipping the two picks make sense? Or is Okafor too much of a reach for round 1? If we're picking DE in round 1 I would imagine it's BDEA anyway (as opposed to just BPA)

HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    I don't think brown will go in the the top 20 picks or even the first round IMO. So I think he has a low value rating at pick 19.
    agree 100% - Hes a good player and has star potential but not at 19

good mock but dont like waiting until 6th rd until selecting cb
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    good mock but dont like waiting until 6th rd until selecting cb
    I did that because it's starting to look like the Webster is going to be here for his final contract year, and while he's getting up there he's not super old yet. If his craptastic 2012 outing was in fact largely due to injury and not just actual decline, he should be able to recover some production next season. A development project seems to be in order, and if he doesn't pan out, we go CB round 1 or 2 in the 2014 draft.

HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

see you in 2016

Is it me, or is Arthur Brown a dead ringer for Harry Carson. As far as looks.

Would love to have Brown on the Giants.

+ Reply to Thread