+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bout V.Young for backup QB?

How bout V.Young for backup QB?

just an idea.dont even know if im for it. just saw a discussion about him on first take and according to skip, he has matured a ton recently. he apparently is going to work out at Texas's pro day to try and remind teams of the talent he really does possess.

and it might not be a bad idea for a team like us bc Youngs bread n butter, what he did best, was actually the spread option. he had one of the greatest collegiate games of all time running that offense in the NCG years back vs the Reggie Bush led USC team....he was just before his time and kinda trail blazed for rg3, russell wilson, kapernick, etc....anyways, dudes 31-19 as a starter. as a strictly pocket qb, no way. but as a pocket/read option qb, he could be an excellent back up choice, and would prob cost less than a guy like david carr at the moment...

oops. wrong forum. if a mod can move it, thanks. if not, i guess the blurb about the texas pro day can kinda be considered an nfl draft topic.

You don't bring in a backup qb that plays a completely different game then the starter. You want the backup to get his reps without having to change everything around to give him his best chance to succeed. Not to mention Eli can't give any sorta advice to a read qb.

Young deserves another chance in this league, just not with the giants.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

I dunno, the way I have heard his not getting a 2nd chance wasnt because of the coaches or the league but because he lost the faith of his teamate with that while mia thing he went through.

These guys make a living on being tough and having a teammate, in a leadership role, who was found boohooing in the corner because some fans boo'd him didnt go over well with a lot of players.

If you are only slightly skilled, and your teammates respect you, you will get your chances in the league(see Vick). If you are great, and your teammates dont like you or respect you, your day is done.

"How about nooooo, Scott"

yea im going to have to agree with the guys on this one. i say no as well. I think we need to stick with a drop back type qb. We will have to get by with Painter or Carr or whoever until the giants decide its time to draft his replacement to wait in the wings
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    You don't bring in a backup qb that plays a completely different game then the starter. You want the backup to get his reps without having to change everything around to give him his best chance to succeed. Not to mention Eli can't give any sorta advice to a read qb.

Washington does the exact opposite right now... RG3 is the read option guy as we all know, and Cousins is a pure pocket passer.

That said, when it comes to VY, do not want...
    Andre the Giant

I think he would be a good backup for some teams but I do not think we are one. Eli and Young are very different players. If he was behind someone like RG3, Wilson, Luck, Kaep. Someone who can run the ball pretty well than that would be a pretty good fit. Even behind like Rodgers who can run the ball well. I just think that Eli and Young are too different that if something did happen to Eli and Young had to step in that it would be hard for our team to respond because of the change in the style of play.

He'd be a better fit for SF or Philly or Carolina. Better fit for those offenses

+ Reply to Thread