+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

ESPN says Coughlin SAFE next year

ESPN's Adam Schefter just did a segment on head coaches during Monday Night Countdown. They said that Giants HC Tom Coughlin is safe and will stay next year. He has 1 year left on his contract.

For other coaches, Andy Reid is safe in Philly, Jason Garrett is safe in Dallas, and Steve Spagnuolo is likely out in St. Louis.

Re: ESPN says Coughlin SAFE next year

If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.

[quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]

I'd be happy if Coughlin stays and fewell goes.

yea i know ;

all of us TC haters around here have tried to convince management to do the right thing but they refuse to listen.

'bout time we take this up a notch and start pushing for new ownership.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]For me, Coughlin has to get us into the playoffs, win the WC round, and play competitively in the divisional round for me to have confidence in him next year.

That said, I think Coughlin stays regardless of what happens next week against Dallas. Just my gut feeling.

[quote user="stormblue"]yea i know ;

all of us TC haters around here have tried to convince management to do the right thing but they refuse to listen.

'bout time we take this up a notch and start pushing for new ownership.[/quote]

Your kidding, right?
    If not, that's pretty ungrateful, man.

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]

I'd be happy if Coughlin stays and fewell goes.[/quote]

+1

[quote user="stormblue"]yea i know ;

'bout time we take this up a notch and start pushing for new ownership.[/quote]

You're kidding right?.....The Mara's and Tisch's aren't going to sell the team....If you really want to send a message to ownership you hurt them in the pocket by not showing up to the games...

Maybe the players should just play better football. Ever think of that???? TC is not on the O-line or playing in the secondary. The defensive players have been a bunch of ******* all year! Except for JPP. Point is, TC is not the problem.
    "Remain in what you are, the center of your life
    You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]

I'd be happy if Coughlin stays and fewell goes.[/quote]I just can't justify keeping a coach who has needed to fire three defensive coordinators.