+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,273

    Giants Have Not Yet Talked To Te'o

    http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...t/Default.aspx

    Excerpt: Tom Coughlin would not be surprised if Manti Te’o is still available for the Giants when they make the 19th pick of the NFL draft this April, Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports. But at the moment, it doesn’t look like the controversial Notre Dame linebacker is in the Giants’ plans.

    The Giants did not even interview Te’o at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis in February, Coughlin revealed on Wednesday during an appearance on The Crossover on NBC Sports Network. He also said he had some initial concerns about how poorly Te’o played in college football’s national championship game." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #2
    That's good news lol. I'd take Red**** over Teo, he basically gets INT's but can't shed blockers, crappy versus run. El pass-o

  3. #3
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    765
    He could be bluffing. You never know.


  4. #4
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    He could be bluffing. You never know.
    TC doesn't hire and fire. His not talking to Te'o could simply be his own reaction to the game he mentioned and Te'o's not making any splash at the Combine
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    He could be bluffing. You never know.
    you could be right. you never know. he may be throwing up a smoke screen for the teams just behind us in case they want and covet him. They could poss see an upside to this kid and maybe are just preventing anyone from jumping over them. Or teams just in front of them like dallas or whoever who may be thinking about him for the second round. I really doubt this because based off of the off field issues and his combine numbers the kiid should fall into the late second or early third round. no need for giants to spend a number one pick on him
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  6. #6
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    you could be right. you never know. he may be throwing up a smoke screen for the teams just behind us in case they want and covet him. They could poss see an upside to this kid and maybe are just preventing anyone from jumping over them. Or teams just in front of them like dallas or whoever who may be thinking about him for the second round. I really doubt this because based off of the off field issues and his combine numbers the kiid should fall into the late second or early third round. no need for giants to spend a number one pick on him
    I honestly could see him being drafted very end of round 1 but very possible he slip into the 2nd. I do not really see him falling into the 3rd but who knows. If he was there in the 2nd when we were picking I might actually consider rooting for them to pick him. It honestly would have to depend on who was still there though. I really do not want him in the 1st though at all.

  7. #7
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,242
    Don't the Giants have a history of not talking to the prospects they end up selecting?

  8. #8
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97,273
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Don't the Giants have a history of not talking to the prospects they end up selecting?
    I've never heard that but I can't imagine Reese and his scouts not talking to players we eventually draft as a strategy.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #9
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,242
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I've never heard that but I can't imagine Reese and his scouts not talking to players we eventually draft as a strategy.
    Wasn't sure but thought I read that somewhere.

  10. #10
    Not suprise at all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts