+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    you could be right. you never know. he may be throwing up a smoke screen for the teams just behind us in case they want and covet him. They could poss see an upside to this kid and maybe are just preventing anyone from jumping over them. Or teams just in front of them like dallas or whoever who may be thinking about him for the second round. I really doubt this because based off of the off field issues and his combine numbers the kiid should fall into the late second or early third round. no need for giants to spend a number one pick on him
    I honestly could see him being drafted very end of round 1 but very possible he slip into the 2nd. I do not really see him falling into the 3rd but who knows. If he was there in the 2nd when we were picking I might actually consider rooting for them to pick him. It honestly would have to depend on who was still there though. I really do not want him in the 1st though at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Don't the Giants have a history of not talking to the prospects they end up selecting?
    Not really. They've talked to Wilson, Coughlin amde a specific point about him wearing a tie..
    I'm sure they met with Prince since he was a top 10 guy for most people. They definitely met with JPP.

Jerry Reese does not look at LBs projected to go early. He does it every year. Let's stop mocking a LB in the first 2 rounds it won't happen.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I dont think he quite fits our team, but the guys a stud. He played solid all year long except his last game when their whole team got lit up. The media hype over him is almost childish. Who cares if he had an online relationship? If he can play I dont give a hoot. I believe he will be a beast in the NFL in the next couple years.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Not really. They've talked to Wilson, Coughlin amde a specific point about him wearing a tie..
    I'm sure they met with Prince since he was a top 10 guy for most people. They definitely met with JPP.

Jerry Reese does not look at LBs projected to go early. He does it every year. Let's stop mocking a LB in the first 2 rounds it won't happen.
    Wilson was actually the guy they talked to the least. They interviewed him at the combine.

They talked to Nicks a TON, so much so that some media guys clued in.

I cant find a link but I thought Reese said that they didnt talk to prince much that year because they thought he'd be long gone by there pick at 19. Again no link but I also recall Reese pointing out how they usually talk to players they have specific questions about. Guys who are clean and they have no questions for they may not bring in all the time but that doesn't mean they are not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    I cant find a link but I thought Reese said that they didnt talk to prince much that year because they thought he'd be long gone by there pick at 19. Again no link but I also recall Reese pointing out how they usually talk to players they have specific questions about. Guys who are clean and they have no questions for they may not bring in all the time but that doesn't mean they are not interested.
    thats prolly true, nobody expected him to fall that far

Veteran
    Not interested in a slow linebacker.

And why would they, seriously, he will just be an average LB at best in the NFL
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Prince never worked out, visited or contacted the Giants pre-draft. I know that's only one but like said later in the thread....it's something I thought I read somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Not interested in a slow linebacker.
    so your thinking he would be the second coming of Blackburn
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***