+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Alec Ogletree OLB out of Georgia would be a good choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZOXZcRZNM

If he trains really hard at the NFL level and builds his frame a little he has the potential to be a Pro Bowler. He ran a 4.6, plays angry football and is good in pass coverage because he was a former safety. He would also be a great replacement for Boley. We haven't drafted a linebacker with our first rounder since Carl Banks in 84, it would be nice to have a first round talent at LB for a change. Really hope the Giants draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by dayeh33 View Post

If he trains really hard at the NFL level and builds his frame a little he has the potential to be a Pro Bowler. He ran a 4.6, plays angry football and is good in pass coverage because he was a former safety. He would also be a great replacement for Boley. We haven't drafted a linebacker with our first rounder since Carl Banks in 84, it would be nice to have a first round talent at LB for a change. Really hope the Giants draft him.
    We will not see him, he will be gone..We will be lookin at the bum Teo

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    There was a thread about him last week. Kid's a good athlete but too much off field bagage for the Giants to risk 1st round money. That was the ovrrall consensus at least.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    There was a thread about him last week. Kid's a good athlete but too much off field bagage for the Giants to risk 1st round money. That was the ovrrall consensus at least.
    Amen to that. More baggage than Te'o. That's apparently possible.

But then again, I've been declared the "official Ogletree hater" around here (Really i'm more of a baggage hater than anything else ever since Plax decided that the stretch band on sweatpants was a gun holster), so take my words with a grain of salt, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

JR won't take him at #19..

I like him. hes extremely athletic. but is a 4-3 weakside linebacker. we need a MLB and he need alot more bulk to be a MIKE. However with his off field character issues Reese wont take him. If he slides to us in the 2nd however he is to good to pass up

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

But then again, I've been declared the "official Ogletree hater" around here (Really i'm more of a baggage hater than anything else ever since Plax decided that the stretch band on sweatpants was a gun holster), so take my words with a grain of salt, I guess...
    Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

LOL on the Plax part smh still pisses me off haha.... Olgetree is a good player who before all of the DUI garbage I would have been fine with taking him with the 19th pick. Then after the DUI I heard that he had issues before that as well. I mean we have grown more accustomed to taking players with some issues but never (to my knowledge) have we used a high draft pick on someone with a questionable character. I mean if somehow he fell to the 2nd where we were picking I really would want JR to pick him just based off of the talent that he has. I also think that he really is not a MLB which is what we really need to solve with our LB core first off. I just do not see any possible way that we pick him at 19 but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by dayeh33 View Post

great player but another head case like te'o. however isnt this like the 40th thread on this guy?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    great player but another head case like te'o. however isnt this like the 40th thread on this guy?
    I was thinking the same thing. It seems like every time that an Olgetree thread falls past the first page there is another one to pop up soon after lol.