+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think this kid has been talked to death really. Good player with a bit-o-tard built in

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    LOL on the Plax part smh still pisses me off haha.... Olgetree is a good player who before all of the DUI garbage I would have been fine with taking him with the 19th pick. Then after the DUI I heard that he had issues before that as well. I mean we have grown more accustomed to taking players with some issues but never (to my knowledge) have we used a high draft pick on someone with a questionable character. I mean if somehow he fell to the 2nd where we were picking I really would want JR to pick him just based off of the talent that he has. I also think that he really is not a MLB which is what we really need to solve with our LB core first off. I just do not see any possible way that we pick him at 19 but who knows...
    The problem is that all 4 of the top ILB (Currently rated in order: Brown, Te'o, Ogletree, Minter) are undersized to be truly a 4-3 mike LB and would have to bulk up... Maybe Te'o is the one that is least undersized, but given how he got abused in that BCS championship I'm not sure he would be the absolute solution either.

Either way, most of them would have to convert to weak-side LB in our system, which is the only LB positon we actually already have an answer at with Williams and Paysinger...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 03-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Yeah I agree. If we are going to use a 1st on a MLB I want there to be no doubt in my mind that he is a MLB and that he can be the future for us at that position. I just really do not see that with Olgetree because of the lack of size, or with Te'o because of how he performed against Bama. I could only imagine what he would look like trying to tackle a starter in the NFL compared to how he looked vs Lacy and Bama.

I think that Arthur Brown has some promise as a Mike in our system, he's bulked up before when asked to and I think he could do so again. Also while he's not squeaky clean the way Minter is, he doesn't have nearly as much personal baggage as Te'o and Ogletree... He definitely couldn't start his rookie year in that position though, but if he somehow falls to us in the 2nd round we could definitely grab him and let him develop behind Blackburn (who we would re-sign) for a year, before assuming the starting role in 2014...

Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The problem is that all 4 of the top ILB (Currently rated in order: Brown, Te'o, Ogletree, Minter) are undersized to be truly a 4-3 mike LB and would have to bulk up... Maybe Te'o is the one that is least undersized, but given how he got abused in that BCS championship I'm not sure he would be the absolute solution either.

Either way, most of them would have to convert to weak-side LB in our system, which is the only LB positon we actually already have an answer at with Williams and Paysinger...
    Minter 6'1'' 245lbs
    Te'o 6'1'' 242lbs
    Brown 6' 241lbs
    Ogletree 6'2'' 242

Its not undersized thats the issue its bulk. Minter and Te'o are compact and bulky. Brown and Ogletree are leaner. just as heavy but just putting them next to the other two you can see how much leaner they are. however i do think that if ogletree was to put on another 10 lbs he would be prototype NFL LB.

Ogletree is a 4-3 OLB and a 3-4 ILB
    Brown is a OLB however you look at it

i like minter as a ILB for us and either brown or ogletree as OLBs for us. all of which would be steals in the 2nd but overvalued in the 1st

P.S. i still love JWill

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I like the pick if he's there and adding some weight and a switch to MLB shouldnt be much for this guy or leave him OLB. No one here has ever made the mistake of getting behind the wheel after a few? Especially in your college years? Live and learn. I think the "baggage" between him and Te'o is more media propaganda garbage. I dont sit in the FO tho.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I dont sit in the FO tho.
    This is why all my bashing of Ogletree is given with the provision that if Reese does in fact pick him, I will support it.

Im a big fan of Greene from Rutgers as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Saw him at some Rutgers home games and he was a beast. Take a solid DE, CB, or Oline in the 1st.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I wish we could trade lower in the 1st so that an Okafor pick in the first would make sense. He's a bit of a reach at 19 though, with the massive amount of DE talent ahead of him. But he'd be a great LDE across from JPP...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    This is why all my bashing of Ogletree is given with the provision that if Reese does in fact pick him, I will support it.
    I feel like with every pick in the last few drafts Im like, "what?!? OK." Gotta trust them.

- Homer J. Simpson