+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Campbell LB Possible GEM

Jordan Campbell LB Possible GEM

I don't know if anyone knows about this kid. I just found out about him literally about 30 minutes ago. He is a LB from New Mexico Highlands University. I read an article (I'll post below) that he was the highest ranked LB then signed with USC and played well when he got in his freshman year and then had an ankle injury where he was out the rest of the season. After the season was when all of the scandals came out about Pete Carroll and USC. He then transferred to L'ville and was going to have to sit out a year. His Grandmother got sick and he wanted to go to school closer to her so he went to New Mexico Highlands University. He said that he decided that school because he saw that they were the last in their division and he wanted to help them to become good. He eventually lead them to an 8-2 record, first time since 1998.

He broke some records while he was at NMHU including 28.5 tackles for loss in a season! He also was their punter at their school and booted a 89 yarder lol. He says that since he has played for NFL coaches and he was played with NFL players when at USC that he learned a lot from them and he is a better all around player. It is obvious that he is good against the run with the 28.5 tackles for loss but he says that he is good in coverage because he is a little undersized so that results in him being faster. There is a interview that he took with the site I will post. It is a Patriots site of some sort, I just found it and clicked for the interview to see what he said. I came out to be impressed with the kid.

http://www.patriotsgab.com/2012/11/2...-an-interview/

There is a video of him benching 225 39 times which is better than anyone at the combine and he is a 240 pound LB! I find that extremely impressive. I usually do not get wrapped up in combine numbers making someone jump up my list but that is crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL4R8tKbaZY

Here is a highlight video of the kid. He looks like an absolute freak of nature not going to lie. He says he thinks that he could be a 5th round pick or so. He says that he is pretty versatile claiming he can play OLB, MLB, RB, FB, Punter haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgDePoVAjk

i have heard of him and his highlight do look really good ,it sucks he didnt get into the combine.He has some good tape and he looks like a hard worker.I cant find his pro day results though.If you find em post em

Yeah there is a bunch of videos of him talking about how he works hard all the time and shows him working out. I think he could be a beast. I read that after his pro day he hopes to be a 4th round prospect but I am not sure when his pro day is. I think he is going to be at the New Mexico pro day which is today if I am understanding correctly. I am intrigued to see what kind of numbers this kid can toss up. If he was at the combine with those bench press numbers and whatever his 40 time etc is.. he probably would have been the talk of the combine haha.

He is clearly an athletic freak. But, that video isnt complimentary of anything but his athletic skills and his ability to close and hit.

He would need a lot of work to be a 43 MLB honestly. Nowhere do I see him taking a deep drop and more and a couple times I see him using poor technique in taking on blocks, relaying on that insane athletic ability just a lil too much. Also, In almost all of that vid I see a guy moving forward.

It is a nice start tho and the things he does have he has in droves(hit, forward movement, closing). I think 34 teams are drooling.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Yeah I do not think that he is a MLB in a 4-3 system. Although he says he can play it, I am really not seeing it. I think he is better off as an OLB where he can use his athletic ability more to his advantage rather than being trapped in the middle of all the blockers and anything. He looks like he has good instincts and definitely athletic enough to be a NFL player. If he got coached up a bit on technique on things like taking on blockers he could be a very good player I honestly think. A lot of 3-4 teams if they hear about this kid would be very high on this kid. OLB is what he has played mostly to my understanding so thats probably the best fit. Jaquain and him on the outside would be some freakish athletic OLB's huh haha. I really want to see what he does at his pro day today. I think he really could open some eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Yeah I do not think that he is a MLB in a 4-3 system. Although he says he can play it, I am really not seeing it. I think he is better off as an OLB where he can use his athletic ability more to his advantage rather than being trapped in the middle of all the blockers and anything. He looks like he has good instincts and definitely athletic enough to be a NFL player. If he got coached up a bit on technique on things like taking on blockers he could be a very good player I honestly think. A lot of 3-4 teams if they hear about this kid would be very high on this kid. OLB is what he has played mostly to my understanding so thats probably the best fit. Jaquain and him on the outside would be some freakish athletic OLB's huh haha. I really want to see what he does at his pro day today. I think he really could open some eyes.
    Its not that I dont think he could be a 43 MLB, but rather that he is going to have more value as a 34 ILB come draft day. You can clearly see the 34 skillset. If you let this kid run around he will make plays. Thats what 34 guys do. But 43 guys have to be able to take on blocks and drop back well.

So while I think he might be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder some 34 team with a ILB need might think he is a late 2nd round prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Its not that I dont think he could be a 43 MLB, but rather that he is going to have more value as a 34 ILB come draft day. You can clearly see the 34 skillset. If you let this kid run around he will make plays. Thats what 34 guys do. But 43 guys have to be able to take on blocks and drop back well.

So while I think he might be worth a 3rd or 4th rounder some 34 team with a ILB need might think he is a late 2nd round prospect.
    Yeah I know what you mean about seeing this guy on a 3-4 and just letting him run around the field. He would be really good in that system, I think he could solid in a 4-3 too if he gets taught his role. He says he understands NFL like coaching and practices since he played for Carroll a year. From the kids attitude in videos I watched sounds like he will be willing to do anything to make the coaches happy and make an impact and looks like an extremely hard working kid. I would love to see us bring him in with a mid round pick. I could see him being picked up earlier like you said though by a 3-4 team that would love to have a kid like this flying around making plays.

Kinda reminds me of that kid Jake Massau player we brought in from UDFA..A troy Palamolu type LB. Looks good, 5th round sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Kinda reminds me of that kid Jake Massau player we brought in from UDFA..A troy Palamolu type LB. Looks good, 5th round sounds good.
    How is Massau a Palamolu type LB?

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    He could be a beast, but he also played in a crappy division. Would have liked to see him suited In L'ville. Nonetheless, Im interested to see what pans out for him.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread