+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jordan Campbell LB Possible GEM

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    He could be a beast, but he also played in a crappy division. Would have liked to see him suited In L'ville. Nonetheless, Im interested to see what pans out for him.
    Yeah I know, small school guys are hard to judge because of the difference of talent that they are playing against. I guess his freshman year he started one game for USC and he had the most tackles on their team that game but its kind of hard to take anything away from that. I wish he would have been invited to like the senior bowl or something where you could see him against other draft prospects. Just listening to the guy in videos he sounds super focused though. He says he's been through losing family members and friends to transferring schools that it has just made him work even harder to make his dream of playing in the NFL come true. He compares himself to Ray Lewis in the way of working hard in the weight room and giving all he has every game on the field.

Jordan Campbell pro day results are in! Height 5'10 1/2, Weight 248.5, Bench 225 35 times, 40 yard dash 4.58, vertical 36.5, broad jump 9.7, shuttle 4.2, L cone drill 7.1, 60 yrd shuttle 11.78.

Those are some pretty crazy numbers I will compare them to LB's from the combine this year. 40 time 3rd place out of LB's, Bench 2nd (seen doing 39 though...), Vertical 4th, Broad jump out of top 10.., L cone drill tied for 5th (2 people at 3rd), 20 yard shuttle tied for 2nd, 60 yrd shuttle 3rd.

Now granted those are pro day numbers which are typically better because a player is at their own stadium etc and not as much pressure. For this kid he had to have felt a ton of pressure and he did not play at where the pro day was held. Give or take a bit on the times being that it is a pro day I think he put on a pretty nice performance!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    He is clearly an athletic freak. But, that video isnt complimentary of anything but his athletic skills and his ability to close and hit.

He would need a lot of work to be a 43 MLB honestly. Nowhere do I see him taking a deep drop and more and a couple times I see him using poor technique in taking on blocks, relaying on that insane athletic ability just a lil too much. Also, In almost all of that vid I see a guy moving forward.

It is a nice start tho and the things he does have he has in droves(hit, forward movement, closing). I think 34 teams are drooling.
    Three things came to my mind when I saw the vid, he played in a 3-4 D, he has good highlights in the trenches but didn't saw enough of him in coverage and my first impression at the start of the vid when he was working out is that he is juiced.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

those are some good numbers possibly for 7th round?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Three things came to my mind when I saw the vid, he played in a 3-4 D, he has good highlights in the trenches but didn't saw enough of him in coverage and my first impression at the start of the vid when he was working out is that he is juiced.
    I don't think that he is juiced. Most people who use the garbage have huge muscles one their forhead/eyebrow area. I know plenty of people who have been on the juice and they have class A roid head. Which is what I like to call it. I imagine since this kid had 28.5 tackles for loss that he made his film based off of tackles. You do not see many LBs at all in their highlights dropping back in coverage. That is not ehat they are know for. It is a highlight for a reason. Unless he has some INTs he wants to add it will be all tackles for a LB.... the kid does eork out and put up some crazy numbers at the combine. I think he will probably go 4-5 round. Maybe higher if a 3-4 tean sees his ability to run around and make plays. The kid I do not think is on the garbage or ever was. You can honestly tell if you look at s ok someones forhead and they have a bulge in the eyebrow area like a muscle then 9/10 they juiced. I am dead serious haha try it out on someone you are pretty sure uses it and look at that area and if they have eye brow muscles that is not normal. Look at a picture.of Clay Matthews for god sakes he for sure did it at some point in his life.. 4-5th rounder on this kid I would be all over it!

+ Reply to Thread