+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I was thinking...

I was thinking...

If cleveland drafts a QB of the future they might end up releasing Weeden. Maybe he could be a decent backup QB for a couple years? He's 29 i believe, but only in his second year (meaning a low minimum salary scale), but has more maturity than a lot of other young QBs, and is a pocket passer like Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

That is an interesting point! I would not mind that at all. The age thing is always a little unsettling but he is the backup so give him 2-4 at that and then we could actually maybe start looking for the eventual replacement for Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If cleveland drafts a QB of the future they might end up releasing Weeden. Maybe he could be a decent backup QB for a couple years? He's 29 i believe, but only in his second year (meaning a low minimum salary scale), but has more maturity than a lot of other young QBs, and is a pocket passer like Eli.
    Ah cleveland they love their QB Busts lol

I dont really like Weeden never did but as a back up why not. maybe learning for eli and being in a class organization would do him some good. i wouldnt mind a cheap backup to save cap for where is counts.

hell eli has no bones so he doesnt get hurt or come out so idc who are back up is (Knock on Wood)

The other thing is I could easily see Geno Smith falling to the #6 pick, especially now that KC got Alex. Jags, Raiders, Eagles, and Lions all appear like they're going to roll with Gabbert (lol), Pryor, Vick/Foles/whoever, and Stafford...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

+ Reply to Thread