+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Baas Restructure

    Looks like we saved a few more dollars for this year:

    https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/sta...04167126073344

    As @RVacchianoNYDN noted, C David Baas has restructured base salary down from $4.25 million to $1.25 million according to NFLPA website.

  2. #2
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,058
    Nice
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

  3. #3
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,561
    Great ! Next at bat, Boothe !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  4. #4
    hopefully making it easier to cut him next year and not lose as much money

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    hopefully making it easier to cut him next year and not lose as much money
    I am pretty sure that is the Giants thinking with Baas and Kiwi. If they play well this year, we will rethink their long term plans. If they do not, it's little $ and we just say goodbye.

  6. #6
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Va beach, VA
    Posts
    36
    I hope they cut Bass, what a mistake to sign him. Could done better drafting a Center.

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    99,174
    Quote Originally Posted by S.I 2 VA GMEN View Post
    I hope they cut Bass, what a mistake to sign him. Could done better drafting a Center.
    Baas is not as bad as he's being portrayed. I think he'll have a good season in 2013. Cutting him would have resulted in dead money we don't need.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Baas is not as bad as he's being portrayed. I think he'll have a good season in 2013. Cutting him would have resulted in dead money we don't need.
    I agree, Baas get's criticized way more than he should. Is he a top line center? maybe not. But I've seen him play well often and he always plays from snap to whistle!

  9. #9
    Ugh. Had to be done but it's only shifting the problem back a year.
    He's just further entrenched in the team, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    I agree, Baas get's criticized way more than he should. Is he a top line center? maybe not. But I've seen him play well often and he always plays from snap to whistle!
    Criticism is magnified because of his cap number.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Baas is not as bad as he's being portrayed. I think he'll have a good season in 2013. Cutting him would have resulted in dead money we don't need.
    I don't think anyone is portraying Baas. The only think that portrays him is his underactive game speed. The deal cut with baas is a typical example of a very poor job in the FO when signing him. He comes to us injured and the FO does nothing to protect the team from being saddled with a mediocre player at best with a mutimillion dollar contract. RF, you don't really believe that he's worth his contract, do you? Come on, man!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts