+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Baas Restructure

Great ! Next at bat, Boothe !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Good News!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Baas is not as bad as he's being portrayed. I think he'll have a good season in 2013. Cutting him would have resulted in dead money we don't need.
    I don't think anyone is portraying Baas. The only think that portrays him is his underactive game speed. The deal cut with baas is a typical example of a very poor job in the FO when signing him. He comes to us injured and the FO does nothing to protect the team from being saddled with a mediocre player at best with a mutimillion dollar contract. RF, you don't really believe that he's worth his contract, do you? Come on, man!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    NOT a paycut as per spotrac.com. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/david-baas/

His cap hit will be $8+ mil including $3.475 mil guaranteed cap hit each year for 2014 and 2015. Safe to say with this restructure, he'll be on the roster for 2014 as well.
    I agree, Kudos are NOT in order.

It wasn't a great move, jsut a necessary one... i guess

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I hope to see Diehl take a pay cut, maybe drop his cap number 2 mil or so. I hope Eli or Rolle dont restructure, both of them have in the past and is one of the reasons why the Giants were in cap hell before all of these moves this offseason.

By the way Matt, like Roanoke said, glad to see you back. I hope all went well with the wedding, and I wish the best for you guys! I know you are still a youngen, but don't burn yourself out with those 2 jobs!
    thanks appreciate it.

its all about making the paper

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Ugh. Had to be done but it's only shifting the problem back a year.
    He's just further entrenched in the team, now.

Criticism is magnified because of his cap number.

yea I agree but we got many deals to get done this year so they can be structured around them....

it was a necessary evil

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    I don't think anyone is portraying Baas. The only think that portrays him is his underactive game speed. The deal cut with baas is a typical example of a very poor job in the FO when signing him. He comes to us injured and the FO does nothing to protect the team from being saddled with a mediocre player at best with a mutimillion dollar contract. RF, you don't really believe that he's worth his contract, do you? Come on, man!
    It definitly wasn't Reese's best contract... but I mean you can't argue with much else hes done. The Rolle contract gets over hyped and Canty is gone. Not much more to debate. We're up against the cap every year and have won two superbowls in 6 years - that will happen...

Not crazy about this move, since it now bumps his cap number up next year, when we'll have to resign JPP, but if it helps the team to keep Cruz and makes room for the draft picks then it has to be done.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    won't happen, now he has more guaranteed money for the following two years
    THIS! Hope the numers aren't horrendous...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    No I'm not sure... just from the tweet it made it sound like a pay cut since it didn't mention guaranteeing anything.

Either way is fine with me ... makes him cut bait for next year (I'm not a huge Baas fan).
    Restructure just moved the $$ around. So if it's not this year, it's down the line...

+ Reply to Thread