+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Pro Bowl team released?

Was the Pro Bowl roster released today on Monday Night Countdown? I remember it was supposed to be soon and I thought I saw a commercial saying it'd be tonight...any one have any news on that or if the roster was released if any Giants made it?

Re: Pro Bowl team released?

its tomorrow

Were JPP or Cruz on the ballot? They both belong outright!

Only starters are put on the fan ballot. The coaches/player/etc ballot is open. Cruz was not a starter therefore not on the fan ballot. Don't think JPP was either, not sure. Their only hope is to overwhelm the other ballot to make up for the 0% on the fan ballot (which counts for 1/3).

The reveal is tomorrow. As for Cruz and JPP not being on the fan ballot, one can only hope the players and coaches which account for 2/3 of the total vote will vote them in.

lets hope no giants can even play in the game because they are at the super bowl!! i havent watched a second of the pro bowl game in prob 10 years

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]lets hope no giants can even play in the game because they are at the super bowl!! i havent watched a second of the pro bowl game in prob 10 years
    [/quote]

Of course. But it's the respect and honor coming from their peers and opposing coaches that matters, so it would be good to see Cruz, JPP, and Eli on the final reveal.

As good as Cruz has been--and I do think he legitimately should be a first teamer--it may be a long shot, since he was completely unknown before this year (so it may have taken opposing players and coaches a while to catch up).

But even more pertinent, is that every year there are qualified and deserving WRs left off the list simply because every year there are too many really good receivers and not enough slots for them on the pro bowl.

Remember Plax , as good as he was for us those 4 years--especially his first 3 years with us--never was selected to the pro bowl.

Neither was Toomer in 2002 when he set the franchise record in yards that Cruz just broke on Saturday.

On the other hand, I will be shocked--SHOCKED!-- if JPP doesn't make it. Players throughout the league are aware of him by now.

Don't underestimate Eli's chances this year, either.

Veteran

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="TrueBlue07"]lets hope no giants can even play in the game because they are at the super bowl!! i havent watched a second of the pro bowl game in prob 10 years
    [/quote]

Of course. But it's the respect and honor coming from their peers and opposing coaches that matters, so it would be good to see Cruz, JPP, and Eli on the final reveal.

As good as Cruz has been--and I do think he legitimately should be a first teamer--it may be a long shot, since he was completely unknown before this year (so it may have taken opposing players and coaches a while to catch up).

But even more pertinent, is that every year there are qualified and deserving WRs left off the list simply because every year there are too many really good receivers and not enough slots for them on the pro bowl.

Remember Plax , as good as he was for us those 4 years--especially his first 3 years with us--never was selected to the pro bowl.

Neither was Toomer in 2002 when he set the franchise record in yards that Cruz just broke on Saturday.

On the other hand, I will be shocked--SHOCKED!-- if JPP doesn't make it. Players throughout the league are aware of him by now.

Don't underestimate Eli's chances this year, either.[/quote]

Brees, Rogers, Stafford all deserve to be there more then Manning.

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="gmen46"][quote user="TrueBlue07"]lets hope no giants can even play in the game because they are at the super bowl!! i havent watched a second of the pro bowl game in prob 10 years
    [/quote]

Brees, Rogers, Stafford all deserve to be there more then Manning.[/quote]

disagree. those other teams have talent flowing out there bums..while we have a couple talented wr's, those other teams have 4 or 5 legitimate threats.

eli has been our teams mvp w.o a doubt.

Brees and Rogers yea i agree, not Stafford. Calvin Johnson is that teams MVP imo, u take him away, that offense looks a whole lot different.

eli IS our offense, and we got a chance at the playoffs, LITERALLY because of him. Our D, OL and Run game sucks ballsack

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="gmen46"][quote user="TrueBlue07"]lets hope no giants can even play in the game because they are at the super bowl!! i havent watched a second of the pro bowl game in prob 10 years
    [/quote]

We all know the pro bowl is a numbers game, and without doubt these three guys all have better statistics and also have their teams in the playoffs. Stafford is a great young QB and yes he has Megatron but then who else? Eli has Nicks and Cruz and even Manningham

Brees, Rogers, Stafford all deserve to be there more then Manning.[/quote]

disagree. those other teams have talent flowing out there bums..while we have a couple talented wr's, those other teams have 4 or 5 legitimate threats.

eli has been our teams mvp w.o a doubt.

Brees and Rogers yea i agree, not Stafford. Calvin Johnson is that teams MVP imo, u take him away, that offense looks a whole lot different.

eli IS our offense, and we got a chance at the playoffs, LITERALLY because of him. Our D, OL and Run game sucks ballsack[/quote]

Yeah but Calvin is just one guy. Eli has Nicks Cruz and Manningham, who does Stafford have? Pettigrew? I think Stafford is underrated,also, the fact remains that he and Brees and Rogers all have better stats and also find themselves in the playoffs. Not to mention the Lions run game is just as crappy as ours is.