+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Players take a beating and you can't blame them for trying to make the most money they can....while they can. There's no guarantees to how much longer his career will last.

These guys have to think about their lives after football and what's best for their families. I don't want him to go but can't say I fault him here for testing the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Hill and Brown are promising but Rolle has not played well.
    Some of y'all bag on rolle too much. He's been pretty good for us. If you want to argue overpaid, then yes but so is every FA.

I hope KP or any player can get as much $ as they can, I would do the same thing, at the end of the day it's a business, and if someone offered me more money at another company, no matter how much I like my coworkers, I am gone like lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Some of y'all bag on rolle too much. He's been pretty good for us. If you want to argue overpaid, then yes but so is every FA.
    Agreed, Rolle has played out of position since he got here due the the injuries to others and has surely given his all while letting these younger guys know what takes to be a team player.

As far as KP, he hasn't played a full season ever, so let him test the market, he will come crawling back or be a bust somewhere else.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

All-Pro
    Where has Rolle played well?

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Players take a beating and you can't blame them for trying to make the most money they can....while they can. There's no guarantees to how much longer his career will last.

These guys have to think about their lives after football and what's best for their families. I don't want him to go but can't say I fault him here for testing the market.
    Totally agree with that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    crickets

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    The people who are commenting on his knees should learn how to read. He had successful microfracture surgery in 2009 (3.5 years ago) and no trouble with that knee since then. He sprained his OTHER knee this year and missed games. Two unrelated knee injuries don't add up to "bad knees".

I would sooner gamble on a contract for KP than continue to pay Rolle, Diehl, Baas or Snee to underwhelm again this year.
    We dont even know what they offered. Could of been a real low offer

how about cleaning up all the tackles the DL/LB/CB missed. your dislike of rolle is misguided. if the defensive front did anything at all the secondary would not be under constant pressure. go back and count how many potential big running plays rolle broke up this past season by coming up and making a tackle somebody else missed then get back to me.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-08-2013 at 12:14 AM.

im a big rolle supporter. have been since day 1. that said, he takes absolutely terrible angles at times. gerald sensabaugh kind of terrible angles. he makes plays vs the run game, usually off the edge. and he plays the short/intermediate pass game pretty well.

asking him to cover deep and take away a 1/2 of the field is suicide tho imo. he just takes bad angles...the rest of his game is pretty solid. if he were better vs the long ball he'd prob be considered a top 5 safety but nonetheless