+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Phillips turns down long term contract. Wants more money

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    In Reese We Trust

Too bad. I would have liked to see KP back. I'm thinking greed from this often injured safety will backfire.

EDIT:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...e-agent-market - RF
    would love to know what the Giants offerend him

Giants have been known for low balling, but i have a feeling KP wants alot more money than deserved. Not a knock on the talent, just the health

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    would love to know what the Giants offerend him

Giants have been known for low balling, but i have a feeling KP wants alot more money than deserved. Not a knock on the talent, just the health
    I think we have pretty good handle on his health, certainly more than those who might overpay him. Let's see where this goes. Not everyone in KP's situation winds up leaving. Sometimes it is easier and better for the market to tell him he's not worth as much as his agent thinks. It's better for him to learn it that way than to think we're jamming it down his throat.
    No one remembers who came in second.

he'll be a Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I think we have pretty good handle on his health, certainly more than those who might overpay him. Let's see where this goes. Not everyone in KP's situation winds up leaving. Sometimes it is easier and better for the market to tell him he's not worth as much as his agent thinks. It's better for him to learn it that way than to think we're jamming it down his throat.
    yea i agree.. like bradshaw when he just got that last contract that just got him cut.

I mean i think you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to pay Phillips. Injury has to be a concern

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    he'll be a Cowboy
    bite your tongue!

and then make a 2013 meyerbud calender

bite your tongue!

and then make a 2013 meyerbud calender
    Eli will make him his *****

yea i agree.. like bradshaw when he just got that last contract that just got him cut.

I mean i think you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to pay Phillips. Injury has to be a concern
    I don't know... The Chargers signed Bob Sanders without much fuss (admittedly, it was only a single-year deal, late in his career).

But my point is that if a team is desperate enough, they won't hesitate to make a move.

Injury history appears to pose little of a barrier.

Banned
    I'm torn over this, on one hand we could potentially lose a very talented safety yet on the other hand I like that we aren't going to over pay a guy who hasn't seen the field as much as he should have over the course of his career. If he does go though I hope we draft a safety high.

Im not surprised he wants to test the waters. Why not? He's a free agent and wants to see what deals are out there. Would love to have him back but we may not be able to afford him.

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    he'll be a Cowboy
    I've been saying the same thing for months. I hope it doesn't happen but the cowboys are always raving about how good a player KP is

GET WELL SOON

+ Reply to Thread