+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why all this Corey Webster hate?

I realize the man had a bad football year. But can we really judge him after one season? Most players have bad seasons. I will go on record and say he will be a top 5 corner this year in the NFL season.

Since the '07 playoff C-Web has been a shut down corner and a menace for opposing WR's matched up against him. He's been in the 5-8 range the past few years, as far as top 10 lists are concerned.

ONE bad season is all it takes for most fans to say he sucks and forget just how good he was one season ago.

Mark my words Webster will bounce back next season back or close to his top 10 form.

The ONLY reason I thought he should be cut IF he didn't agree to a big pay cut is because of his huge salary and I didn't want to lose Cruz, Bennet or other important players.

Remember this sig I wore for about 4 years?

I believe I had to take it off because it was too large or something. I'd love to put it back on though...
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 03-09-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Since the '07 playoff C-Web has been a shut down corner and a menace for opposing WR's matched up against him. He's been in the 5-8 range the past few years, as far as top 10 lists are concerned.

ONE bad season is all it takes for most fans to say he sucks and forget just how good he was one season ago.

Mark my words Webster will bounce back next season back or close to his top 10 form.

The ONLY reason I thought he should be cut IF he didn't agree to a big pay cut is because of his huge salary and I didn't want to lose Cruz, Bennet or other important players.
    not to make excuses for webster but the front 7 was atrocious this past year in regards to generating any semblance of a pass rush putting a lot of undue hardship on the secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    not to make excuses for webster but the front 7 was atrocious this past year in regards to generating any semblance of a pass rush putting a lot of undue hardship on the secondary.
    Also this played a part in it.

Webster has been lock down since the '07 playoffs up until last season.... that's 4 years of excellent play. He's entitled to one bad season. I'll absolutely give him the benefit of the doubt.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

By the way, great 'first post'
    GiantsFootball1

Love it
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Also this played a part in it.

Webster has been lock down since the '07 playoffs up until last season.... that's 4 years of excellent play. He's entitled to one bad season. I'll absolutely give him the benefit of the doubt.

I can understand having a not as productive season....but going into the negatives looking like a "rook" is unacceptable. I lost count how many blown coverage plays that were his fault last year...straight up got clowned.

Bench Player
    I am another supporter of Webby. Although I got VERY frustrated with him at times last year, professional athletes sometimes just have down years and that is truly what I think it was for him. Although he may not be back to shut-down form next season due to age, I think he still has a few solid years left in him next to Prince. I also think Hosley improves a lot this year and paired with our new talent at safety I am predicting our secondary is one to be reckoned with.

Webby is what he is and that will never change. His career was almost over playing under Tim Lewis; Spags showed up and allowed him to get physical with WR at the line. His CB metrics in 2008 were up around what Revis and Scrabble were doing at the time. His age and system fit have sent him back to being a marginal starter. My thought was to let him play in a way that makes him better or cut him and sign another 5'10" route jumper.

He was horrible and is vastly overpaid. Prince and Hosley played better than him.It would take a huge paycut and I doubt he'd take it. I really don't think the giants will keep him. We will see...

I don't hate the guy, I just think he got killed last year....Qb's were targetting him for fun. I think that paycut was definitely appropriate.

Hopefully he bounces back next year though.