+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Phillips turns down long term contract. Wants more money

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is why it's premature to kick Rolle and Diehl to the curb. You have to know who you're going to have before you cut ties with players.
    We have Brewer, he can b just as bad as Deihl for way cheaper

I guess we can hope that no one breaks the bank on Kenny (someone will).

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    We have Brewer, he can b just as bad as Deihl for way cheaper
    This I agree with. Brewer cannot be any worse than Diehl has been. Versatility means nothing if you are not good at any of the spots.

All-Pro
    Did you watch last pre season?

It is well known that Micro-fracture surgery usually shortens guys careers, and not by a little. KP has not only had this surgery, but he had it to help relieve a well document and worsening athritic condition.

It's a real shame, because he is an underrated player. But, sooner rather than later he will stroll into camp, for whatever team he is on, and he wont pass the physical. That is likely why the Giants didnt offer him a big pay day and instead chose to offer him a long term contract. They knew he is unlikely to ever make it to the conclusion of that contract.

However, his condition is no secret and it is entirely possible he doesnt find the money he thinks he deserves in free agency. Its not impossible he comes back anyways.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-07-2013 at 02:47 PM.

love KP and wish he would of taken the contract. good luck on another team 21, we will miss ya

that's fine.. save the $$$ for Cruz & Nicks..
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Joel Bitonio, OL Nevada - (3)CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    (4)Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Khairi Fortt, LB California
    (6)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Rolle has not played well and makes a lot of money. For what they get from him they could sign a couple of FA's and possibly get better play.
    Perhaps, but until we have replacements he'll be in place as is the case with Diehl. Keeping these guys at this point is meaningless as far as their future here is concerned
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    In Reese We Trust

Too bad. I would have liked to see KP back. I'm thinking greed from this often injured safety will backfire.

EDIT:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...e-agent-market - RF
    Not sure how it can "backfire" on him. It's the team who takes the risk on giving him big money thats gonna be effected.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    This I agree with. Brewer cannot be any worse than Diehl has been. Versatility means nothing if you are not good at any of the spots.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO untrue.

+ Reply to Thread