+ Reply to Thread

Super Bowl Revenue Question

With the Giants hosting this season I got curious and wanted to know how much revenue owners make for hosting the SB. I was looking around for it online but couldn't find anything so I'd thought I'd ask here.

Also...how much does the NFL make and what's the difference in percentages. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess people here know about as much as I do. Maybe I'll just post this question on Yahoo Answers....lol

Given how much they fight for it, I'm guessing it's in the hundreds of millions because they spend tens of millions trying to land it.

I don't know about the revenue split but I do know that the game is mostly about corporate wooing and the NFL itself is the host of the party. At XLII only 30% of the tickets went to fans of either team, the rest is the league, the other 30 teams, and all the corporate partners and sponsors. That should tell you (a) how much money is involved, and (b) how important the NFL feels the event (not the game) is to its business. To them, it's a trade show, not a football game.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 03-08-2013 at 07:09 AM.

That's a great question. Since the teams own the building, they are going to be compensated for hosting the event, just like concerts, soccer game, college football, etc. The larger question might be how much $$ will be pumped into the tri-state area.

As we get closer we should get some idea abot just how much money is involved.

I wonder if the teams will get any TV money or is that just for the NFL?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Thanks for the responses fellas. I almost gave up on this thread. Seems like owners should be thrilled to get to host cause I'd expect them to make a good percentage of ticket sales not to mention parking, vending, merchandise and all the things involved with the event. I know the NFL makes their cut but I'd guess the owners make a killing being they're in charge of the preparation, supplying the venue and all the amenities.

I know owners go crazy when they find they're hosting the event cause it likely means a big pay day. Was just wondering the ballpark figure (thanks for breaking it down a bit SZJ). Wish I got the total revenue from the last SB. Must be nice for the teams that get to host multiple SB's like Tampa or the domed stadiums. Almost seems unfair to the rest of the league.