+ Reply to Thread

The one thing our receivers aside from Cruz lack is a nose for the end zone

How many times have our receivers been stopped down at the 1 yard line or 2-3 yard line this season?

How many times have we seen a knee down at the one?

Look at that goal line stop by Ware vs the Jets where he should of gotten in but made no attempt.

Watching the Saints Colston catches the ball around the 5 & dives in to make sure he breaks the plane.

ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: The one thing our receivers aside from Cruz lack is a nose for the end zone

With most teams this wouldn't be much of a problem, but the Giants seem incapable of punching the ball into the endzone even when they're given a first-and-goal. How many times have we had to kick a field goal from within the 10 yard line?

Veteran

You are right. That has killed us a few times when getting in for the td would have put us on top.
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

I wish that we draft Justin Blackmon...

No shot..

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]How many times have our receivers been stopped down at the 1 yard line or 2-3 yard line this season?

Look at that goal line stop by Ware vs the Jets where he should of gotten in but made no attempt.

Watching the Saints Colston catches the ball around the 5 & dives in to make sure he breaks the plane.

[/quote]

Pretty hard to claim Bradshaw doesn't have a nose for the goal line, especially that 1st TD he had vs Jets, but other times as well. He sent Poole to the concussion room after that TD run (and, as a side note, he sent Woodson to the locker room in the GB game, as well, and that was with Woodson spearing HIM only to knock himself out). One tough sob.

I know your title was about "receivers", but you then used Ware as an example, so I had to shout out AB

I think the one thing our receivers lack is an ability to get separation. It seems like every play Eli has to thread a needle or throw to the right shoulder in tight coverage to give them a chance to make the catch.

Watching NO tonight, and Brees is throwing to guys running free on most plays.

Probably has a lot to d with the lack of imagination from Killdrive - seems likethe defense always know where our receivers are going.

[quote user="joenew61"]I think the one thing our receivers lack is an ability to get separation. It seems like every play Eli has to thread a needle or throw to the right shoulder in tight coverage to give them a chance to make the catch.

Watching NO tonight, and Brees is throwing to guys running free on most plays.

Probably has a lot to d with the lack of imagination from Killdrive - seems likethe defense always know where our receivers are going.[/quote]

That too although not all the time.

We never had receivers running free like the Saints or Packers though. The defense never plays 10 yards off of us like they do other offense for whatever reason. We never get the easy stuff & that's my point.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]How many times have our receivers been stopped down at the 1 yard line or 2-3 yard line this season?

[/quote]

Cruz is just a natural for the goal line and those extra yards. i mean he hasnt been a pro long enough to be knowledgeable of those traits.hes instictive for that kind of thing imo.