+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giants Clear CAP Space To Keep Beatty Bunch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    If your boss approached you and asked you to take a pay cut so he could afford to hire some other employees, would you do it??

How many star players have you seen do what Brady did. That is not the norm, and Eli shouldn't be expected to do that.
    Uhhhmmmmm if my boss asked me to go from $20 Million per year to $16 Million Yes! Yes I would. I won't make that in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    nope. You are right. In fact Brady got a hearty 31m bonus. Sure he is taking 8/9 million a yr and stretching it out till he is age 40. And that frees up 15 million for them between this year and next on their cap. Compare that to what Flacco just got and it is in a way a pay cut cause he is worth as much or more then Flacco any day of the week.
    Yeah, Brady isn't really losing money, what he's done is extend his contract and taken what would have been his next couple years' salary as a bonus now. He doesn't care about the salary for when he's 40 since he likely wont be playing at that time. He's not taking less money, just changed how/when he'll receive it.

Tougher to do that with Eli because even if you extend him in another 6 year contract, he may still be playing when he's 37 and you'll have to address that.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

+ Reply to Thread