+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Clear CAP Space To Keep Beatty Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong because this is an area I am weak in... I don't want to know all this money crap. You guys can figure it out for me... but what Brady did, and what Eli can do, is not take less, but stretch their contracts over a longer time period and free up more space this year, and into the future. Tom will get his... it's restructuring, not taking a cut overall.Am I wrong?
    nope. You are right. In fact Brady got a hearty 31m bonus. Sure he is taking 8/9 million a yr and stretching it out till he is age 40. And that frees up 15 million for them between this year and next on their cap. Compare that to what Flacco just got and it is in a way a pay cut cause he is worth as much or more then Flacco any day of the week.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    If your boss approached you and asked you to take a pay cut so he could afford to hire some other employees, would you do it??How many star players have you seen do what Brady did. That is not the norm, and Eli shouldn't be expected to do that.
    brady didn't really lose money doing this. He is making out okay. Eli needs to do the same if he wants more championship rings

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    brady didn't really lose money doing this. He is making out okay. Eli needs to do the same if he wants more championship rings
    Someone please explain how webster can take a pay cut. Is it because its the last year of his contract. Wondering if eli is allowed to take a pay cut to keep other players instead restructing his contract yr after yr.
    Explain

I really hope Eli would reconstruct his contract next

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    I really hope Eli would reconstruct his contract next
    I really think restructuring Eli's contract will hurt even more the cap hit in years to come. The only way a move could help here is a contract redo but obviously that could imply a pay cut. Don't see that happpening.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong because this is an area I am weak in... I don't want to know all this money crap. You guys can figure it out for me... but what Brady did, and what Eli can do, is not take less, but stretch their contracts over a longer time period and free up more space this year, and into the future. Tom will get his... it's restructuring, not taking a cut overall.
    Am I wrong?
    Well taking a team friendly extension is essentially agreeing to play for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSACK View Post
    Someone please explain how webster can take a pay cut. Is it because its the last year of his contract. Wondering if eli is allowed to take a pay cut to keep other players instead restructing his contract yr after yr. Explain
    i think in web's case he was underperforming and he had to either take the pay cut or be CUT. LOL. Just like Bradshaw, Boley and Canty before him who were all released while still under contract. You have to release players under contract by a certain date in march or have the salary count towards that years Cap. Osi, KP, beatty, booth, barden, baas, tarattou, tynes are different. They don't have a contract with the giants so we can decide to resign (baas, beatty, justin), release (Osi), or wait it out and let them enter FA and see what they can command on the open market. Like in the case of KP, booth and Tynes the giants will hope to be able to resign them if they don't get crazy offers

4-New York Giants!!!!!

First, if there is any way at all to gain cap space, the FO will find it. Secondly, I am TOTALLY sure Eli would do whatever was possible to help the Giants cap situation, without losing money. I believe he would do a deal like Brady's but I don't think it's possible or in the Giants best interest, because he restructured already either last year or the year before. I don't believe you can just restructure year after year and help your cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    He's the heart and soul of this Giants team, can't cut him
    lmfao
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season

23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season/ won second tiny mite bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by S.I 2 VA GMEN View Post
    Amen bro, the Cowgirls managed to clear more space than us. Just Freakin cut DD already.
    The cowboys just did what we did last year: restructure a bunch of contracts. Next offseason the cowboys will be in the kind of hell we're in now...

+ Reply to Thread