+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 814 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freaking Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    All exams do is make you memorize crap you aren't going to keep in your memory down the road.

Open discussion better prepares you in the long road.
    Definitely. And one of the best speakers/debators, Christopher Hitchens, said that people need to talk more. I feel like technology allows you to post **** on the interwebs, but you don't learn the best speaking devices - body language, adjusting audio tones, etc.

This makes you dumb in the real world, not really depending on what career path either.

He's very very smart..might be a little odd..well very odd, but if you listen to his interviews, he's very soft spoken.
    I have to search YouTube for his interviews. I really never listened to him because I grew up with a lot of kids that made fun of him, so I thought it was socially unacceptable to even say his name. Not even kidding... god, I hate my neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Definitely. And one of the best speakers/debators, Christopher Hitchens, said that people need to talk more. I feel like technology allows you to post **** on the interwebs, but you don't learn the best speaking devices - body language, adjusting audio tones, etc.

This makes you dumb in the real world, not really depending on what career path either.
    I wrote an entire research paper on why the SATs need to be abolished., there's actually some very smart people who have gotten a perfect 2400 on it that feels like it didn't help them prepare for college.

I know it's a measurement, but it's a dumb measurement to me.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I have to search YouTube for his interviews. I really never listened to him because I grew up with a lot of kids that made fun of him, so I thought it was socially unacceptable to even say his name. Not even kidding... god, I hate my neighborhood.
    I think guys like Lil' Wayne and Kanye West are worse.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Banned
    All exams do is make you memorize crap you aren't going to keep in your memory down the road.

Open discussion better prepares you in the long road.
    Not true. It depends on the exam, if you are talking multiple choice then yeah but essays definitely check your understanding and critical thinking on said subject. Plus in an open discussion a teacher can not assess everyone equally considering some people may not get a word in at all.

He's pretty unoriginal actually. Don't let people fool you. All those "break away form the norm" guys end up all doing the same things.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    The difference is here is that:

troll-Moke is funny.

troll-Rudy is unfunny and asinine.
    Yeah Rudy seriously, being a troll and an ******* are two different things, besides being an ******* is my job anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Not true. It depends on the exam, if you are talking multiple choice then yeah but essays definitely check your understanding and critical thinking on said subject. Plus in an open discussion a teacher can not assess everyone equally considering some people may not get a word in at all.
    Short answer essays are fine, I forgot about those.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I wrote an entire research paper on why the SATs need to be abolished., there's actually some very smart people who have gotten a perfect 2400 on it that feels like it didn't help them prepare for college.

I know it's a measurement, but it's a dumb measurement to me.
    Yeah, SATs are dumb. But IQs are dumb too. I was reading this book on it, and IQs are horrible evaluations. I don't even think the correlation between IQ and success is much positive. It might be a bit, but it has a lot to do with history.

I think guys like Lil' Wayne and Kanye West are worse.
    Same. Those guys are such tools.

I actually can't wait to see the look on my professor's face when I mention Christopher Hitchens. She's actually a devout catholic (not going into religion here though), but if you guys don;t know who he is... he's a religious critic and atheist.

She'll probably fail me... I'm assuming.

+ Reply to Thread