+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 814 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190590 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freaking Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I got to play with a touch screen PC once. So cool and fun. Not sure how much they are now.
    Some are like $500-$600.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Ah. I actually need to go buy me a PC for when I move. They got cheaper so it's not a big deal. Would love an all-in-one touch screen by HP.
    All in ones are a pain in the ***, though. A buddy of mine had one, and there was little he could do in the ways of upgrading it, and it was a pain to fix when anything went wrong. He definitely wouldn't suggest anyone to get one.

On what? My friend keeps telling me to buy one of em new nintendo DS ****s.

I want one, but I don't want to spend money on that for pokemon games.

But I do love the RPGs for those systems,
    Consoleclassix.com is a great emulator for the PC. They have a ton of systems, but only Atari 2600, ColecoVision, and NES are free. To get the others it's like $5 or $6 a month. But, hey, if you really want to play an old school game, might be worth the $5 or $6 for the one month and then cancel/

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Consoleclassix.com is a great emulator for the PC. They have a ton of systems, but only Atari 2600, ColecoVision, and NES are free. To get the others it's like $5 or $6 a month. But, hey, if you really want to play an old school game, might be worth the $5 or $6 for the one month and then cancel/
    You paid for your emulators? I went to coolrom and got a Nintendo 64 and GameBoy emulator for free.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You paid for your emulators? I went to coolrom and got a Nintendo 64 and GameBoy emulator for free.
    Ditto. I got a USB adapter for an N64 controller one time. played the **** out of all my old games.

I also have a gameboy emulator on droid. lol

I played Pokemon Blue for quite some time. Im too old to really be familiar with pokemon to be honest, but my little brother played it growing up, so I went to him for pointers =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    All in ones are a pain in the ***, though. A buddy of mine had one, and there was little he could do in the ways of upgrading it, and it was a pain to fix when anything went wrong. He definitely wouldn't suggest anyone to get one.
    True. My iMac wasn't that bad but there are good Apple stores to get them fixed. I'd have to rely on getting one of those computers at Best Buy or something.

True. My iMac wasn't that bad but there are good Apple stores to get them fixed.
    Now I've heard everything.........
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I actually hate Apple with a passion (although I have Apple products). They make everything so freaking difficult..

They really do. I owned an iBook (Prior to the popular Macbook craze) and 2 ipods.

and have had nothing but huge issues with their support. Apple was part of a class action lawsuit involving their laptop chargers....they were shorting, and causing fires. LITERALLY CAUSING FIRES!!!

Mine fried out, lucky the laptop wasnt damaged, and so i brought it in for a replacement, thinking, hey here's the lawsuit paperwork, I registered my serial number, registered my product, they'll hook me up.
    NOTHING....they refused to give me a charger. THEIR DEFECTIVE charger!!! So of course I had to spend $79.99 just to use my $1000 laptop.

My mom bought me an ipod touch 2 christmas' ago, and the thing was awesome. Last summer it bricked, wouldnt power up. Wouldnt connect. Just dead.
    So i contacted apple support, and I couldn't read my serial #, because in what i believe to be an intentional *******ing, they made the backs of ipods metal so that they would wear off. they wouldnt even talk to me without pre-paying $100.

So never again. Never again. My family has purchased THOUSANDS of dollars on apple products, and we cant even get service. We have count em; 4 iphones, 2 laptops, 4 ipods, and 2 ipads, and I still cant get customer service. So **** em....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    They really do. I owned an iBook (Prior to the popular Macbook craze) and 2 ipods.

and have had nothing but huge issues with their support. Apple was part of a class action lawsuit involving their laptop chargers....they were shorting, and causing fires. LITERALLY CAUSING FIRES!!!

Mine fried out, lucky the laptop wasnt damaged, and so i brought it in for a replacement, thinking, hey here's the lawsuit paperwork, I registered my serial number, registered my product, they'll hook me up.
    NOTHING....they refused to give me a charger. THEIR DEFECTIVE charger!!! So of course I had to spend $79.99 just to use my $1000 laptop.

My mom bought me an ipod touch 2 christmas' ago, and the thing was awesome. Last summer it bricked, wouldnt power up. Wouldnt connect. Just dead.
    So i contacted apple support, and I couldn't read my serial #, because in what i believe to be an intentional *******ing, they made the backs of ipods metal so that they would wear off. they wouldnt even talk to me without pre-paying $100.

So never again. Never again. My family has purchased THOUSANDS of dollars on apple products, and we cant even get service. We have count em; 4 iphones, 2 laptops, 4 ipods, and 2 ipads, and I still cant get customer service. So **** em....
    WOW! That is unbelievable. They are supposed to give you a freaking new charger or whatever if it just stops working...that's ****ty they didn't replace your charger.

I remember once my brother's phone wouldn't charger, because the little opening on the phone where the charger is supposed to be inserted had something wrong with it, and they replaced the entire thing. Shocked they didn't do that with your charger.

Here's what I have a problem with. Suppose you buy a new laptop and want to transfer all of your music from your iPhone, iPod touch, or whatever to the new laptop..guess what..you can't They make sure you don't have the software or the intelligence to do so, so you can buy ALL your music from iTunes and make more money. There was a way you can go into your PC and click some button (Apple had it unclicked obviously) so there was a way to transfer your music to your new computer. They found out that people find out and did away with it. I asked a guy at the store if there was a way I can do this, and he told me there wasn't, that you would have to buy new music or pay for an outside software. I didn't want to pay...and luckily I found a free website called "Sharepod" that will transfer all your music, videos, everything onto your computer and iTunes for free.

I know it's a business, but that's pretty messed up that someone would have to buy THOUSANDS worth of songs all over again just so they can have it on their computer.

+ Reply to Thread