+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 814 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198598 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freaking Lounge

Call me crazy, but this GI Joe actually looks awesome.

I love Bruce Willis so I'm glad he's in it... and any movie with the Rock gets viewers.. so I can imagine it'll be a box office hit.

I just hope it was better than the first one. I'm banking on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Humans, however, do have the capacity to not eat animal products. It's even more efficient (on a yield of food to land basis) to not eat animal products.I'm not saying I'd give up my steak, but they do have a good argument.
    Of course. We aren't genetically programmed to eat meat. I understand what they are saying, but it's HOW they say it.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    man of steel should be fantastic. it helps that christopher nolan is producing it. the only real decent superman movie was probably the original one. its a shame that there hasn't been a great superman film in forever. i mean, its superman. if nolan was able to revive batman from that god awful batman and robin, then i have faith he will also be able to revive superman from that terrible superman returns movie.
    Christopher Nolan is fantastic.

If a vegan ever says anything about eating meat and ****, go tell him to pass out pamphlets of the people in Bolivia who are forced to eat processed foods because of all the vegans in the west are buying all of their chief staple crop (quinoa) and Bolivia is exporting all of it.

**** vegans, they have a horrible argument... no one just cares to study it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Murder burger lmfao that's freaking fantastic. Sounds tasty too. Think about it, if a lion is hungry and sees a human, do you think it's gonna be like "Well that human DOES have feelings, I shouldn't!" Uhhh yeah no, it's going to eat you. I'm not comparing a lion to a human, but let's think for a moment vegans..
    Its ok to eat meat but just know where it comes from, you don't want to be putting all of those antibiotics, hormones etc into your body. I'm sure if more people knew that their McDonald's hamburger was half GMO soy and half old diseased meat, they might choose to eat something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Its ok to eat meat but just know where it comes from, you don't want to be putting all of those antibiotics, hormones etc into your body. I'm sure if more people knew that their McDonald's hamburger was half GMO soy and half old diseased meat, they might choose to eat something else.
    Eating McDonald's is like eating cancer. I'm not talking fast food meat, since that is barely meat. Their big thing is that we are "murderers", or that we support the killing of animals for our own pleasure. That's sick and twisted if you ask me.

Banned
    Eating McDonald's is like eating cancer. I'm not talking fast food meat, since that is barely meat. Their big thing is that we are "murderers", or that we support the killing of animals for our own pleasure. That's sick and twisted if you ask me.
    Well the meat industry in general is terrible, I was just using wacarnolds as an example. The whole killing is bad mentality is dumb, but going vegan isn't necessarily a bad idea considering all the crap that's in out food. There are so many dumb laws and loopholes that can be used that people are just not aware of. One of these is that if you use antibiotics/hormones/gmo food, etc on a cow, it can never be organic which makes perfect sense. However, if that cow has a calf, that calf is now considered organic which is just beyond stupid. Another one says that in order for a cow to be fit for consumption it must be able to stand up on its own before being slaughtered. Now you have farmers using forklifts to pickup these half dead diseased cows so that they can stand up just long enough to be shot and sent to market.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Well the meat industry in general is terrible, I was just using wacarnolds as an example. The whole killing is bad mentality is dumb, but going vegan isn't necessarily a bad idea considering all the crap that's in out food. There are so many dumb laws and loopholes that can be used that people are just not aware of. One of these is that if you use antibiotics/hormones/gmo food, etc on a cow, it can never be organic which makes perfect sense. However, if that cow has a calf, that calf is now considered organic which is just beyond stupid. Another one says that in order for a cow to be fit for consumption it must be able to stand up on its own before being slaughtered. Now you have farmers using forklifts to pickup these half dead diseased cows so that they can stand up just long enough to be shot and sent to market.
    I have no probably with the act of going vegan, and you bring up some interesting points. I have to go, but I'll finishing my response later

Edit; Ok back. Yeah, GMO's are terrible, but GMO's aren't just in meat, its in meat, vegetables, and fruits. So technically everything we eat is genetically modified, and not organic..unless you buy it organic.

But back to my point. There are many health benefits to going green, I have no problem with those who refuse to eat meat for health purposes, I get it. I have a problem when I'm being labeled a murderer because I ate a chicken salad...

You're a murderer for eating a plant that has feelings and helps our environment since plants give off oxygen.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 03-23-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Snowing like crazy out here.

If you ever move to Virginia, be prepared for some bipolar weather.

Banned

Edit; Ok back. Yeah, GMO's are terrible, but GMO's aren't just in meat, its in meat, vegetables, and fruits. So technically everything we eat is genetically modified, and not organic..unless you buy it organic.
    GMOs aren't in everything, only certain crops are genetically modified in the US like corn,soy,beet,rapeseed and cottonseed. Non-organic doesn't necessarily mean its genetically modified. Also just because something is labeled organic doesn't necessarily mean its 100% organic or organic at all. Nothing can be truly 100% organic anyway technically because of runoff and other contamination factors, but you just have to know where your food comes from.

I'm not a vegan by any means, I love my chicken,turkey and beef. It just sucks because just reading the labels aren't enough. I can go on and on about this forever lol I'll just save you the long winded post and say checkout this link and do some research you will be surprised. http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/groce...gineering.html

+ Reply to Thread