+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 814 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 8133
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I just find some stuff really boring. You'd understand. I really just can't comprehend and memorize facts. I forget them quick. I need concepts.
    you need to pick a time or an era in history that interests you, and then the dates and times will mean more too you rather than just numbers. if that makes sense.

it puts different parts of history in perspective, and ties it all together if you will
    Last edited by Rusty192; 03-25-2013 at 10:04 PM.

it sucks because I hate history..

BLASPHEMER!!!!

Absolutely. Really gets me sleepy
    What's something that you find interesting? It has a history. You can learn it. History is everything. Literally. Even the future is some further future's past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    you need to pick a time or an era in history that interests you, and then the dates and times will mean more too you rather than just numbers. if that makes sense.

it puts different parts of history in perspective, and ties it all together if you will
    I actually couldn't stand mathematics until I was in college and learned some of the history and philosophy behind why the mathematicians were developing their various systems and theorems.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    What's something that you find interesting? It has a history. You can learn it. History is everything. Literally. Even the future is some further future's past.
    Moke finds polygamy and prostitutes amusing...I would suggest he study the Victorian Era..

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

I actually couldn't stand mathematics until I was in college and learned some of the history and philosophy behind why the mathematicians were developing their various systems and theorems.
    Wow, I'm just like you.

I loathed math up until High School. I was NEVER good at it. Got to college, and I love it (mainly statistics). Gives me a headache at times, but I know what's going on. It helps with my psychology too since there's many statistics used.

I didn't start to cultivate a true love and appreciation for history until I was out of highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Wow, I'm just like you.

I loathed math up until High School. I was NEVER good at it. Got to college, and I love it (mainly statistics). Gives me a headache at times, but I know what's going on. It helps with my psychology too since there's many statistics used.
    I actually failed out of HS because of math. Just couldn't get engaged enough to put in the work to get my math sequence. Luckily, seeing as it was only that class I couldn't pass, the school and I had an arrangement where they would give me my diploma once I passed a college level math course that was comparable to or above the one I couldn't pass in HS. Too bad I took 10 years to do that, lol.

But, yeah. Math became much more accessible to me after learning the non-math back story. It made it more tangible to me. Made it more than just a jumble of numbers and letters where you just had to follow rote rules to solve for x, y, or z.

I actually failed out of HS because of math. Just couldn't get engaged enough to put in the work to get my math sequence. Luckily, seeing as it was only that class I couldn't pass, the school and I had an arrangement where they would give me my diploma once I passed a college level math course that was comparable to or above the one I couldn't pass in HS. Too bad I took 10 years to do that, lol.

But, yeah. Math became much more accessible to me after learning the non-math back story. It made it more tangible to me. Made it more than just a jumble of numbers and letters where you just had to follow rote rules to solve for x, y, or z.
    Dang, that must of been awful to deal with. My roommate actually dropped out because she could not pass Algebra.

The only math I like is statistics.

I don't care about the revolutions and stuff. I like the Industrial stuff.