+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 814 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 8138

Thread: The Freaking Lounge

  1. #1441
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Has anyone here known someone to do LASIK surgery? I really don't want to keep paying for new prescriptions on glasses every year because my eyes suck so much.

    Pretty soon, I'll be wearing glasses bigger than my head. I really need to inquire about LASIK surgery.

  2. #1442
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,521
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    ....but you enjoy PTI? Wtf?
    They are less annoying IMO
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

  3. #1443
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Has anyone here known someone to do LASIK surgery? I really don't want to keep paying for new prescriptions on glasses every year because my eyes suck so much.Pretty soon, I'll be wearing glasses bigger than my head. I really need to inquire about LASIK surgery.
    What about contacts?
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

  4. #1444
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    35,521
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Not in favor of that.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

  5. #1445
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What about contacts?
    I guess I can do daily contacts? I don't want to do contacts like the 2 week ones because they end up getting really irritated really quickly and I end up not seeing the boards at school, and they start to dry up when I'm looking at the computer screen for awhile.

    I need something where I have no glasses at all, no contacts at all. They all bother me to some extent. I just want to live stress-free on my eyes.

  6. #1446
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,515
    What about Lasik? I have no first hand knowledge obviously, but I know enough ppl who have had it to know a few things.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #1447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Has anyone here known someone to do LASIK surgery? I really don't want to keep paying for new prescriptions on glasses every year because my eyes suck so much.

    Pretty soon, I'll be wearing glasses bigger than my head. I really need to inquire about LASIK surgery.
    My mom had it done and they messed up so she had to go back under. I don't know if you know this, but they are just cutting off layers of your cornea during the procedure to reshape your eye. They can mess up, and on top of that especially considering your age, the results will ultimately not be permanent because the shape of your eye changes as you age. Either way you are most likely going to need glasses/contacts down the line =(.

  8. #1448
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Not in favor of that.
    Yup, our food supply is ****ed even further

  9. #1449
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    My mom had it done and they messed up so she had to go back under. I don't know if you know this, but they are just cutting off layers of your cornea during the procedure to reshape your eye. They can mess up, and on top of that especially considering your age, the results will ultimately not be permanent because the shape of your eye changes as you age. Either way you are most likely going to need glasses/contacts down the line =(.
    That's not true....

    Everyone I know opted to pay an extra $500 or so for their surgery to get free "touch-ups" should their vision every deteriorate with time.
    One explained to me that as long as he has one eye exam every year, he never has to pay for additional surgeries.

    Anyway....I've never heard of anyone's getting messed up. that sucks.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  10. #1450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    That's not true....

    Everyone I know opted to pay an extra $500 or so for their surgery to get free "touch-ups" should their vision every deteriorate with time.
    One explained to me that as long as he has one eye exam every year, he never has to pay for additional surgeries.

    Anyway....I've never heard of anyone's getting messed up. that sucks.
    Ok ok you might not need glasses or contacts down the line but you will have to get surgery again if you don't. Point is, its not permanent.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts