+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 814 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 8136
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That wasn't a bad suggestion actually, but I feel as if people aren't going to answer honestly.
    first thing that would happen to me is I would forget how to use the smart phone calendar...honest....then my wife would remind me I forgot so I always remember what I forgot....I'm no help sorry

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    first thing that would happen to me is I would forget how to use the smart phone calendar...honest....then my wife would remind me I forgot so I always remember what I forgot....I'm no help sorry
    LOL, I don't even use the calendar on my phone tbh.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That wasn't a bad suggestion actually, but I feel as if people aren't going to answer honestly.
    Respondent bias is a problem with ALL surveys.
    Last edited by Drez; 04-07-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    "Do you find that you are unable to recall important dates without the aid of your smartphone's calendar?" or something.

That one is probably a bit too open to suggestion.
    It needs to give the survey taker more options than "yes" or "no".

And with that, seems a bit direct and to the point. Kind of have to analyze all of the questions and responses myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    In all seriousness, I need serious help. Can someone help me?

I am doing this paper on smartphones and using the calendar and how people are forgetting things.

Problem is, when making the survey, I am not sure what to ask for forgetting stuff. Like what do I ask people? How often you forget? Anyone have a good idea on that?
    First thing you should ask is if people use the calendar or other PDA program on their smartphones to schedule/remember to do things, and non-digital medium (wall calendar. schedule/appointment book, etc.), or if they use nothing at all? [This would be a check all that apply answer]. If respondents answer they use more than one, ask which they use as their primary method of recording events? Did the respondents use a non-digital medium before migrating to using a digital device? How frequently do they record events? Do they have trouble remembering events if not recorded? Do they forget occasionally if not recorded or more frequently? Are they prone to forgetting things other than dates/events if not recorded? Do they consider themselves to have a reliable memory? Do the respondents feel as if they have more issues remembering things now as opposed to when things weren't so "connected?"

There's a few thoughts, hopefully you can find a kernel or two in there to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    First thing you should ask is if people use the calendar or other PDA program on their smartphones to schedule/remember to do things, and non-digital medium (wall calendar. schedule/appointment book, etc.), or if they use nothing at all? [This would be a check all that apply answer]. If respondents answer they use more than one, ask which they use as their primary method of recording events? Did the respondents use a non-digital medium before migrating to using a digital device? How frequently do they record events? Do they have trouble remembering events if not recorded? Do they forget occasionally if not recorded or more frequently? Are they prone to forgetting things other than dates/events if not recorded? Do they consider themselves to have a reliable memory? Do the respondents feel as if they have more issues remembering things now as opposed to when things weren't so "connected?"

There's a few thoughts, hopefully you can find a kernel or two in there to help.
    This is awesome info. My target is college students, so hopefully the majority actually use devices like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Respondent bias is a problem with ALL surveys.
    Duh?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Wow..I had to shed a tear for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_Jmisv1Spck

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I'm trying to figure out how to add in some open-ended questions for this.

I guess I can ask:

"What are some events that you sometimes forget if you didn't mark it down?"

I need like 1 or 2 more and i can't focus in this!

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to add in some open-ended questions for this.

I guess I can ask:

"What are some events that you sometimes forget if you didn't mark it down?"

I need like 1 or 2 more and i can't focus in this!
    Maybe ask if people consider themselves organized or disorganized (you can then cross this against people who tend to forget things and those that do not to see if there is a correlative effect or other relationship [are some people organized because they forget?]).

I suppose that isn't too open ended, but potentially interesting nonetheless.