+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 814 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 8133
    I suppose I shouldn't be so harsh to my hometown, there are some nice things about it. We have a nice park... At least when there aren't many people in it. The park has a 100% community supported rose garden which is very pretty. Union College has a nice campus which has one of the very few 16 sided buildings in the world (Union was also the first planned college campus in the US).

But, mostly, the city is a post-industrial waste. GE doesn't employ a lot of people anymore (I believe they once employed north of 20k people, but now that number is closer to 5k), so poverty is a bit of an issue. Going hand in hand with that, while things have improved some, for quite a number of years we had the highest violent crime rate in the state outside of NYC and Buffalo.

Hell, our police force was under investigation for several years by the FBI due to corruption, police misconduct, and police brutality (I mean, they once drove a suspect 15-20 miles out of town into the middle of nowhere, took his shoes, and left him).

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If any of you guys see the movie, The Place Beyond the Pines, (Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, Eva Mendes, Ray Liotta), I just wanted to mention it was filmed in my hometown.
    I want to see that. It looks phenomenal.

I suppose I shouldn't be so harsh to my hometown, there are some nice things about it. We have a nice park... At least when there aren't many people in it. The park has a 100% community supported rose garden which is very pretty. Union College has a nice campus which has one of the very few 16 sided buildings in the world (Union was also the first planned college campus in the US).

But, mostly, the city is a post-industrial waste. GE doesn't employ a lot of people anymore (I believe they once employed north of 20k people, but now that number is closer to 5k), so poverty is a bit of an issue. Going hand in hand with that, while things have improved some, for quite a number of years we had the highest violent crime rate in the state outside of NYC and Buffalo.

Hell, our police force was under investigation for several years by the FBI due to corruption, police misconduct, and police brutality (I mean, they once drove a suspect 15-20 miles out of town into the middle of nowhere, took his shoes, and left him).
    You should be mayor and um..fix it. Yeah.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You should be mayor and um..fix it. Yeah.
    Being mayor wont fix the curruption that is going on right now
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Being mayor wont fix the curruption that is going on right now
    Being mayor of his city would though, since he lives there.

In terms of the federal government..well yeah, we're pretty much doomed lol. Every president going forward is going to keep doing the same things, unless a 3rd party gets elected.

That's why I don't like the 2 party system.

I'm sorry, I am getting ahead of myself. Hi Marv, how are you? How's the weather where you are?

In terms of the federal government..well yeah, we're pretty much doomed lol. Every president going forward is going to keep doing the same things, unless a 3rd party gets elected.

"Claps". There is so much propaganda in our media going on about north Korea, I smell another false flag attack. One worst than 9/11. But yeah. Cant get to far into that.

I'm sorry, I am getting ahead of myself. Hi Marv, how are you? How's the weather where you are?

The weather is weird. One minute its hot the next minute its freezing. I don't know what to wear when i go for a jog. one day im runnnig in shorts the next day im padded in sweaters with my hands in my pocket

How are things with you?
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 04-13-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

However, 3+ party systems fragments the political process even more.

Most of the police corruption has been cleaned up, though. Now they're no more or less dirty or clean than any other police force (LE officials, don't take that the wrong way; unfortunately there's ******bags in every profession).

I have waaaaaaaaaay too many skeletons in my closet to ever run for public office.

However, 3+ party systems fragments the political process even more.

Most of the police corruption has been cleaned up, though. Now they're no more or less dirty or clean than any other police force (LE officials, don't take that the wrong way; unfortunately there's ******bags in every profession).

I have waaaaaaaaaay too many skeletons in my closet to ever run for public office.
    MANY politicians have too many skeletons lmao.

Police are just as corrupt as well. No offense to any police officers that might see this.

And it depends..Ron Paul and Gary Johnson aren't as bad. Oh God I hope this thread won't get shut down..

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    "Claps". There is so much propaganda in our media going on about north Korea, I smell another false flag attack. One worst than 9/11. But yeah. Cant get to far into that.

The weather is weird. One minute its hot the next minute its freezing. I don't know what to wear when i go for a jog. one day im runnnig in shorts the next day im padded in sweaters with my hands in my pocket

How are things with you?
    NK is just the little burnt french fry nobody wants to eat. It will all be over soon.

Lol, sounds like the weather in VA. Two weeks ago, there was 6 inches of snow. Today, it's 91 degrees..

MANY politicians have too many skeletons lmao.

Police are just as corrupt as well. No offense to any police officers that might see this.

And it depends..Ron Paul and Gary Johnson aren't as bad. Oh God I hope this thread won't get shut down..
    Both though, have their roots in one of the major parties. While if one of them got elected their administrations wouldn't be as business-as-usual, I don't think it would deviate too far from it. I suppose we probably should retire this talk before passions get aroused and the thread does indeed get locked.

Funny fact, I once saw a candidate for City Council run on every single party line except Working Family, lol.