+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 814 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 8133
  1. #2051
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Can you remind me why you hate it again?

    I know you've explain it before, BUT I FORGETS.
    Yeah sure:

    I'd rather just watch TV.

    Plus, to understand the symbolism, and allusions that makes the best fictional literature so powerful, you need to be proficient in non-fictional topics.

    Plus, I don't feel like reading The Bible to really understand every mention of a fruit in a garden.
    Just aced a paper on Catch-22, which I didn't even read.

  2. #2052
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    32,999
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah sure:



    Just aced a paper on Catch-22, which I didn't even read.
    That's..not even a good reason lol.

    wutevr 2 eech his own.

    Please support.

  3. #2053
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's..not even a good reason lol.
    You didn't seem to mind the last time I gave that reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Well if one is proficient in non-fictional readings, fiction should be a piece of cake, but you make an interesting point. I just started a book about Nazi's...can't get any realer than that, haha.

  4. #2054
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    32,999
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    You didn't seem to mind the last time I gave that reason.
    Oh, it's interesting, but it's still not a good reason.

    Please support.

  5. #2055
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    And Tupac is alive.
    There are a hundred billion galaxies like the milkyway. Some galaxies have more stars than every grain of sand on Earth. You dont think theres something else out there?

  6. #2056
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Oh, it's interesting, but it's still not a good reason.
    "Interesting," "not good," what's the difference? They all say the same thing -- nothing.

    I would think that one who reads a lot of fiction would be aware that word choice is pivotal (which also means crucial, Rudyy).

  7. #2057
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    32,999
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    There are a hundred billion galaxies like the milkyway. Some galaxies have more stars than every grain of sand on Earth. You dont think theres something else out there?
    I was just being a **** with the Tupac comment.

    Who knows? I think there is a possibility, it's kinda hard to believe we are the ONLY living thing out there.

    Please support.

  8. #2058
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    32,999
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    "Interesting," "not good," what's the difference? They all say the same thing -- nothing.

    I would think that one who reads a lot of fiction would be aware that word choice is pivotal (which also means crucial, Rudyy).
    Interesting meaning different. Not interesting meaning good. Mkay?

    It's not a good reason, but it's an interesting take, as in I haven't seen anyone make a point like that.


    -waits for witty comeback to try and show intellect, but ultimately fails because nobody actually cares, except for him-
    Last edited by Rudyy; 04-16-2013 at 06:52 PM.

    Please support.

  9. #2059
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Interesting meaning different.
    And different simply means not the same.

    "Those shoes are different" tells you what about the shoe? That they're not the same as...well, anything. Mind-blowing!

  10. #2060
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    32,999
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    And different simply means not the same.

    "Those shoes are different" tells you what about the shoe? That they're not the same as...well, anything. Mind-blowing!
    Oh, I see you only quoted part of what I said to make a point that is entirely irrelevant.

    Please support.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts